Mission Get Out of House. Help, Please!

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I need help and support getting myself back on my own again. Looking for options and ways to make this work as well as emotional support and words of encouragement. I've been really struggling to feel like an adult and feeling capable of doing these things. This environment is not good for me to stay in and there have been so many times in the past few months I've been so close to starting to self-injure again. For my sanity, I need to start planning how to get myself out some how and never go back, and also keep it secret from my family so they cannot sabotage or make unhelpful comments to keep me dependent and not succeed.

What I need:

- paying job
*remote, work from home
*offers insurance is a plus

- affordable place to live
*must live on my own
*preferable not in a large apartment building
*must be smoke-free
*must be quiet
*must accept my cats
*preferable a smaller town away from lots of noise, don't care if it is in the middle of no-where and would love to be back in the mountains, like Appalachian mountains.

-health insurance, if not through job because no longer qualifying for medicaid once my income increases above $1,366/month
*must cover pre-existing conditions, so no cheap short-term options

-support
*cheering me on
*encouragement
*empathy
*shared experiences
*memes
*motivational qoutes
*anything else you can think of

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no suggestions for jobs or places to live, but I offer my support and encouragement!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Due to the pandemic I saw several companies looking for people to work from home on the morning news. I can't speak for any of them but thought I'd post the info. for you:
IBM - IBM Careers U.S Collar - United States
IBM New Collar - Skills Gateway - Global
jobs for contact tracers

Just a thought, since you need insurance you might want to consider working for an insurance company. I think many of them let you work remotely.

There are many websites that advertise apartment rentals, e.g. Zillow, Hotpads, ABODO, etc.

You have my support and I sincerely hope you are successful in your mission to leave home. 🤗

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Once you've figured out what area you want to live in (you do have to narrow it down at least a little), contact the realtors there. They know all the good rentals! Seek out private landlords, not big property management companies. My youngest brother lives in a little 3-unit flat building that's just perfect. They're also more likely to allow pets. If you're quiet and boring make sure to mention that.

Do you have any diagnosed disorders? If so, contact a "resource" organization in your chosen area for job suggestions. My brother (diagnosed on the spectrum) got his job that way. Some kind of techie call center situation. And he's working from home now. They should be able to point you in the right direction at least. If nothing diagnosed, try the employment office.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For a job, I suggest contacting a temp agency. It will get you in the door of many companies and give you experience in many different positions. It could turn into a full time position if they see you are a hard worker. It did for me. Went on a 2 temp job and never left! That was 26 years ago. Continuted to work as a temp for 8 months and then got hired full time.

Good luck!!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
If your income increases and you lose Medicaid you should be able to purchase insurance through your state affordable Care Act marketplace plans. They subsidize your premiums based on your income and provide minimum standards of coverage. So even if you take a job that doesn’t offer insurance you will be able to get some. Hopefully knowing this you will be able to choose from a wider range of jobs to apply for.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do your preexisting conditions qualify you for SSDI or SSI?

Where are you located? There may be federal, state, or local agencies that could help you. Unless you work remotely, you may want to think about how much living in the middle of nowhere might cost you. Also, is it so "nowhere" that internet access is limited? If so, that will affect your ability to work remotely. I have lots of time on my hands most days and would be happy to help you research your options. You can always PM me, if you would like.

Also, just for a bit of cheer:

And:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Are you on LinkedIn? If not, create an account and profile and look for jobs that are posted.