Missing Stray Cat

joy77

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! New to this site and hopefully I’ve posted in the right place...here goes. At my complex, there is this female stray cat that I’ve heard has been the apartment complex cat for over 6 years. The residents feed it and some have even opened their homes to it. Unfortunately, it prefers to be outside doing its thing. Its a very friendly cat, purring and meowing and even showing submissive behavior by getting on its back and exposing its tummy. Sadly, no one has seen the cat for over 2-3 weeks. It has gone a few days without being present but it always returns. It kinda runs the neighborhood, no other cats around. I’m afraid something has happened to it. Does anyone know what could have happened. I know people will ask why no one has ever called the shelter to pick it up and honestly, no one just did.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! there is no way to know.
Something that could have happened that's a more positive possibility, is that someone in the location where she'd disappear to before, might have taken her in to make her an indoor kitty.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

joy77

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’m hoping that is the case. She was such a sweet cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

joy77

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just found out a neighbor’s friend took her in. I’m happy she had a home but she’s been an outside cat for over 7-8 years. I hope she adapts to being a domestic kitty quickly.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh my goodness!!
Well, if there are any problems, hopefully they'll be made aware of this site, there's info regarding helping an outdoor cat transition to indoors.