Missing My Mother Today

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Holidays are especially difficult when you can't share them with your parent(s). Both my mom and dad have been gone awhile but I will drive by a favorite place or watch a favorite film and immediately think of them. They are etched in our memories and live on in our hearts. :hearthrob:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
:grouphug: :grouphug2: I think we all need this

While Mom made me crazy more often than not, there are days when I come into work and still reach for the phone to give her a call. She's been gone now almost seven years. Seems hard to believe.

margecat margecat Is that a picture or your mother or is it you? Whoever it is, she's a cutie.

SweetiePie1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's been 8 years since my Mom died. Happy Mother's Day, Mom. You are missed.

Sending you positive thoughts and support. I empathize and try to use the strong energy associated with such a deep loss for something positive. It is NOT easy to do but like everything else, the more you try the better you'll be.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
:grouphug: :grouphug2: I think we all need this

While Mom made me crazy more often than not, there are days when I come into work and still reach for the phone to give her a call. She's been gone now almost seven years. Seems hard to believe.

margecat margecat Is that a picture or your mother or is it you? Whoever it is, she's a cutie.
Thanks! It's Mom. I think she's cute, too. I love her expression. I don't look a bit like her, though, sadly, as she turned out to be a stunning adult, with blue eyes and blonde hair, and a very English peaches and cream complexion (I did get the complexion, though, at least when I was little). Dad called her his "English rose".

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
All my mothers are gone too. My mother, step mother, mother in law and grandmother. If I had a mother of any kind, I would have spent yesterday with her. They are all so precious. I miss them all, mostly my grandmother. She raised me from three years old and she really was my mom.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mother's been gone for, gasp, 30 years, but I remember her on Mother's Day and Dad on Father's Day. Dad was very sentimental about Mother's Day, and on that Sunday, he would pick two of our climbing red roses for me and my sister to wear to church. He picked a few lily-of-the-valley for himself. He said red was for mothers who were living, and white was for those who had died.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I miss my mother and my daughter. I try to do something nice for Moms who are alone on Mothers’ day. It always makes it nice for them and for me. I had a cookout for someone yesterday. I don’t usually say much about that but reading the posts here made me think that others might get comfort out of doing something similar in the future. It really does make the day good again for me. I hope it helps someone here too. :redheartpump:

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mother passed in March of 2002, about a month shy of her 72nd birthday.

Still miss her, and dad too.

Mom used to love the bougainvillea on the slopes when she came out here to visit from Ohio with Dad. She'd appreciate the ones below, in my backyard, I think.

4E9FBF56-AECD-4E35-B764-756ED58F2733.jpeg

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
My mother passed in March of 2002, about a month shy of her 72nd birthday.

Still miss her, and dad too.

Mom used to love the bougainvillea on the slopes when she came out here to visit from Ohio with Dad. She'd appreciate the ones below, in my backyard, I think.

View attachment 284761
I adore bougainvillea. Can't grow it here in Ohio.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
@Jem started a thread about film original soundtracks and I thought of my mother. We loved to watch movies and one of our faves was Bridge on the River Kwai. When the prisoners march into the POW camp at the beginning with their heads held high and Alec Guinness as their commander.......I really miss her...