Mirataz Transdermal

Dalice

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What is the shelf life? I only give it to my kitty once every 5 days. It says to dispose of after 30 days but I'm not administering daily.

Thank you!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I swore I also saw that it should be disposed of after 30 days but can't find that part again. However, the instructions say a tube will last 14 days at the prescribed dose of 2ml per day, with an "overage in each tube to maintain the integrity of the product as packaged. The overage allows for unanticipated loss". The instructions also say that it is 'labeled for use for 14 days' - like I don't know anyone who does that when it involves conditions like CKD.

I use for 60 days before I buy a new tube. I still have some left even though I only give it to Feeby at 1ml every other day. There was someone either on this site or the CKD forum who said they have found no difference in effectiveness even after 5 months. I think I am going to stretch my tube to 3 months at this point.

Personally, I would try stretching a tube for as long as you don't see a lack of effectiveness. I do tend to think you might be getting up and down results with only giving it every 5 days, but that is your call to make.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm pretty sure the box mine came in has a one year expiration date on it. I only give it to my one very picky cat every once in awhile, so my tube lasts a long time. I've probably been using this current tube for longer than 6 months at this point.