Mirataz (mirtazapine)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Feeby has been on Mirataz (~1/2 dose every 2-3 days) just over 2 years - there has been no negative impact on her liver values to date (knock on wood).
That is encouraging to hear.I try to skip a day, but I can't get away with skipping any more than that. Anyway I am glad she is eating and is at her appropriate weight now.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Tbh, I would imagine almost all meds come with some risk in terms of impacts on a cat's body/organs. It is primarily a matter of weighing the benefits against the risks. In the case of MIrataz, helping a cat to eat, keeping up their nutritional requirements, and maintaining their body weight probably outweigh the risk of a possible negative liver impact. It is also about monitoring what is going on with a cat through things like blood work too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tbh, I would imagine almost all meds come with some risk in terms of impacts on a cat's body/organs. It is primarily a matter of weighing the benefits against the risks. In the case of MIrataz, helping a cat to eat, keeping up their nutritional requirements, and maintaining their body weight probably outweigh the risk of a possible negative liver impact. It is also about monitoring what is going on with a cat through things like blood work too.
Yeh, that's the same with humans and meds. Ever read or listen to all the side effects of the meds at the end of the tv commercials?
I remember one for vision improvement and the warning at the end stated to discontinue use if loss of vision occurred !!! :think: