Miralax

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I was feeding my cat psyllium, 1/8 tsp each morning. That helped her go, but it wasn't enough.
Is Miralax working for you? Would be interested to know. My vet just said not to even use psyllium, to see where we stand. (I dread looking in the box…heard lots of scratching noises, but not sure what to do if no poop at all—- may have to make him indoor/outdoor again— maybe something “out there” acts as a stimulant). Seven sure seems incredibly young to be needing Miralax.…could she be stressed out from something new? Did she travel recently?

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
…as an update, he POOPED! A nice healthy poop, too. So I am hoping it had to do w/ his getting used to being an indoor cat only. i actually put a bowl of fresh dirt by the litter box, maybe it helped.

All by way of saying, with a cat as young as yours, is there an unknown outdoor history? Or a new stress factor involved?

msserena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Is Miralax working for you? Would be interested to know. My vet just said not to even use psyllium, to see where we stand. (I dread looking in the box…heard lots of scratching noises, but not sure what to do if no poop at all—- may have to make him indoor/outdoor again— maybe something “out there” acts as a stimulant). Seven sure seems incredibly young to be needing Miralax.…could she be stressed out from something new? Did she travel recently?
hmm I wonder why your vet said not to use the psyllium, did he tell you why not? It's natural & other vets have told me it's ok.

I have been leaving the bathroom light on night, have been sitting on the bed watching the litter box, I have yet to see her poop! I'm sure she's doing it when I'm asleep or somewhere else. I gave the Miralax for 2 days then gave another dose of egg yolk powder. I don't want to give meds constantly so I mix it up. Plus I bought some of that Tiki Cat Tummy Topper pumpkin puree & have been giving that when not giving the other stuff.

And yes one of my girls is a total stress case. She jumps at everything, I feel bad for her & hope she'll mellow out with age but she's my little scaredy cat. She was picked up when she was about 8 wks old, I got her from the County animal shelter, don't know what her medical history is.

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
The husks are fine she says …it was just, after the miralax explosion, she wanted to see what he’d do on his own after that. He pooped a couple hard pebbles today. Like you, I’m keeping a close watch on the box. Today I gave him half of an eighth of Miralax, just a few grains really. And got that pumpkin purée folks say is good and some probiotics. Have another call into the vet to ask a bunch of questions I forgot to ask.

good luck!!!!

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
hmm I wonder why your vet said not to use the psyllium, did he tell you why not? It's natural & other vets have told me it's ok.

I have been leaving the bathroom light on night, have been sitting on the bed watching the litter box, I have yet to see her poop! I'm sure she's doing it when I'm asleep or somewhere else. I gave the Miralax for 2 days then gave another dose of egg yolk powder. I don't want to give meds constantly so I mix it up. Plus I bought some of that Tiki Cat Tummy Topper pumpkin puree & have been giving that when not giving the other stuff.

And yes one of my girls is a total stress case. She jumps at everything, I feel bad for her & hope she'll mellow out with age but she's my little scaredy cat. She was picked up when she was about 8 wks old, I got her from the County animal shelter, don't know what her medical history is.
This tummy topper is working wonders! I think it’s the wheatgrass! Thanks for mentioning! :thanks:

msserena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This tummy topper is working wonders! I think it’s the wheatgrass! Thanks for mentioning! :thanks:

What kind of probiotics did you get for your kitty? I'm researching them now, have tried soooo many pet ones, my girl has had diarrhea for like 2 weeks off & on, I don't know what else to do for her. She got a dental & has been having yellow loose runny poop ever since. The vet said it's just all the meds coming out of her system.

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
This one based on the recommendations of someone w/ a clowder who can’t afford vets (so it has to be spot on). She says it has less mystery ingredients than most, and swears by it. Will let you know when it arrives, how it goes down.

2A188FE5-44CC-419F-AE3E-734FC1EF7CCD.jpeg

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
What kind of probiotics did you get for your kitty? I'm researching them now, have tried soooo many pet ones, my girl has had diarrhea for like 2 weeks off & on, I don't know what else to do for her. She got a dental & has been having yellow loose runny poop ever since. The vet said it's just all the meds coming out of her system.
When my cats get diarrhea from antibiotics after a dental, our Vet suggests using FortiFlora (which actually is a form of probiotic), and it usually works well. Of course, we also stop the antibiotic if it causes full on diarrhea and switch to another one.

msserena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When my cats get diarrhea from antibiotics after a dental, our Vet suggests using FortiFlora (which actually is a form of probiotic), and it usually works well. Of course, we also stop the antibiotic if it causes full on diarrhea and switch to another one.

I mean I understand a few days after all that, but it's been 3 weeks. She pooped at 430 & then again at 730. I know she got into the food for my other cats this morning, it's got pumpkin in it. But now there are some red spots which I'm sure are blood. Her poor little guts are tired of pooping all the time. I don't know what to give her to make it stop. I syringed some human probiotics into her after the poop at 430. I guess I could order some Fortiflora from amazon, that would probably be the fastest way to get it. Yes she loves the stuff, I stopped using it because she would turn her nose up at the food without it on it. She is a little miss thing!

I don't think I will ever have my cats get the convenia shot again. It just stays way too long in their system. I read it could be in there for up to 60 days but active for about 14. She wasn't like this before the dental so it's definitely the meds.