(mini)saga Of The Invader

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This week our yard was invaded by a four legged intruder, this is the tale.

My Mom was gardening in the front yard like she usually does. The sun was out, a cool breeze was blowing and the cats were supervising to make sure she dug properly. That is when he came.

IMG_20180301_055621_01.jpg

Rocket was upset ...

IMG_20180226_131327_01.jpg

Link, ever the defender of his sister and grandma, proceeded to chase the offending pup back and forth across the yard. The dog yipped a few times in indignation but Link had several inches and pounds on it. The pup really wanted to help my Mom garden so he kept coming back and kept being chased off by Link to the edge of our yard.

After a few minutes a neighbor came out with a small leash (the dog was about Rockets size and she is only 8 pounds while Link is 13). My Mom told Link to stop chasing the pup and Link did once the dog was leashed. Animal control was called and the pup quietly laid at my Mom's side with three angry cats glaring at him the whole time.

That evening, when I got home from work, Link told me (very loudly) all about the offender. He then proceeded to lay on my lap with his back firmly to my Mom to express his displeasure. And yes, Link tends to not fit on laps and slide off once he passes out.

IMG_20180225_201647.jpg

To make it a happy ending for the pup... I did post about the dog on our neighborhoods Next door app. His owner saw my posting before she even knew he was missing. He had only been adopted the week before too. She was able to pick him up at the shelter that evening so he was only there for a few hours.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
There ya go - except for Link (LOL--just LOOK at that puffed tail :thumbsup:) a very happy ending yay Next Door - it does come in handy now and then ;) and GO YOU!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Kieka Kieka - If Link actually did as he was told, I'd expect a phone call at any moment from the Commissioner of Evil, revoking Link's Snowshoe Card.
Don't worry, Link in true Snowshoe fashion tortured my Mom all day long by demanding doors be opened every half hour. Loudly. Impatiently. And while staring through the cat door meant to allow him access without human aide.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That is too funny, oh my word!!
Rocket was the one with the poof tail and Link was the one on my lap. Two Snowshoes. Two. I promise I am as sane as anyone with a Snowshoe and as tormented. They do keep my on my toes and the stories I can tell...

Good news is they also divert attention to each other. They frequently wait for each other and are found together. Just tonight I let them out together and they came back in an hour later together. Although Link came through the door then yelled at me while glancing at the door to tell me the princess needed in because cat doors are beneath her.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I just love this, I can picture it!!
I know a meezer yell so I'm assuming I can 'hear' it as well

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I just love this, I can picture it!!
I know a meezer yell so I'm assuming I can 'hear' it as well
Luckily, Rocket is quiet 98% of the time and has a frog caught in the throat meow the rare 2% she makes sound. So I only have to deal with one vocalist. Otherwise I'd really be in trouble.