Mild URI

Jacp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello I recently took my new kitten to the vet because she was sneezing and had green discharge coming out of her nose and watery eyes. The vet said her heart and lungs sounded good and prescribed 2 antibiotics as well as an eye ointment. It’s been almost a week and she is still sneezing A LOT. I’ve cleaned my whole room (baseboards and fan that was full of dust), my air filter is being changed today as well.... I’m wondering if there is any other advice y’all could give me. I’m going to wait about another week or closer to when her meds run out to take her back to the vet. Thank you !

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! I've read that if you put her in a bathroom and run the shower until it gets steamy - the warm humid air can help ease irritated airways :) a couple of times a day for about 10-12 minutes.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, Furballsmom Furballsmom told you exactly what I was going to tell you! Yep, the steamy bathroom works on kitties as well as humans.

IF the meds don't work, be sure to ask the vet about the possibility of airborne allergies. And be sure to let us know how she is doing!