metronidazole

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
this was prescribed for my four month old kitten the other day for runny pooh. is this safe? its a 7 day course two times a day. they didn't do a pcr panel. elevated white blood cell count and runny bottom is what they based it on. fiber hasn't been doing making her better. probiotics haven't been making her better. but reading about the effects metro can have on cats is kind of frightening. any thoughts?

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
this was prescribed for my four month old kitten the other day for runny pooh. is this safe? its a 7 day course two times a day. they didn't do a pcr panel. elevated white blood cell count and runny bottom is what they based it on. fiber hasn't been doing making her better. probiotics haven't been making her better. but reading about the effects metro can have on cats is kind of frightening. any thoughts?
My cat was given Metronidazole (actually, I specifically asked the vet for it) when she had giardia and the Panacur alone wasn't working. We were on the third course of treatment with Panacur in three months.
I didn't see any side effects on her, she was 10 months old. What it did, though, was wiping that giardia away.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My cat was given Metronidazole (actually, I specifically asked the vet for it) when she had giardia and the Panacur alone wasn't working. We were on the third course of treatment with Panacur in three months.
I didn't see any side effects on her, she was 10 months old. What it did, though, was wiping that giardia away.
whew gtk