META (Facebook, Instagram ect...) Problems

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was scrolling thru my facebook, when all of a sudden I was kicked off and the login page popped up. So I go to login and it doesn't work...try again...nothing. I spent all morning trying to figure out how to get back in. Thinking I've been hacked, I tried that avenue as well. It was basically an endless loop of putting my e-mail then password or code....then I get security messages to verify I'm not a robot, and the endless loop continues, along with them saying the codes aren't valid or the password is wrong...etc...:gaah:

Well, I just opened up an online news feed and apparently META has a worldwide outage problem with reports of people not able to log in.
Hopefully that means I've not been hacked...

Just letting everyone know, in case others are also having problems.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
There was what has been described as "widespread disruption" of Facebook and Instagram. It involved login and other areas of the platforms and at least half a million users. Expectation is that it was something "benign" such as a software update, but nothing as been verified.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I woke up to a message from my aunt and then couldn't get in to read it. My eyes were too sleepy to figure it out but I googled a while later and found news reports. I'm back in now too. Normally I don't look there so early in the morning.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Same thing happened to me when I was chatting with my sister, poof, nothing! I went trought the same stuff, change password, proove I'm me, etc. I was rebooting when sister called to say she had been knocked out of everything. I said me too. Asked husband, and he had as well, so he checked some web site and found out it was worldwide. Didn't take long to come back. I did change my password just in case

angel

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was scrolling thru my facebook, when all of a sudden I was kicked off and the login page popped up. So I go to login and it doesn't work...try again...nothing. I spent all morning trying to figure out how to get back in. Thinking I've been hacked, I tried that avenue as well. It was basically an endless loop of putting my e-mail then password or code....then I get security messages to verify I'm not a robot, and the endless loop continues, along with them saying the codes aren't valid or the password is wrong...etc...:gaah:

Well, I just opened up an online news feed and apparently META has a worldwide outage problem with reports of people not able to log in.
Hopefully that means I've not been hacked...

Just letting everyone know, in case others are also having problems.
They say it was out for about 2 hours it is back now