Meowllo From Malaysia!

mydarlingsamson

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all fellow cat lovers,

I came to this site to deal with my grief over the very recent death of my baby Samson. I got a lot of lovely messages from lovely people here. While the pain is still very raw, I still have other furbabies that I love very much and would like to repay the kindness I received here with more participation.

Figure I start with Introductions.

This was the youngest of the bunch. My baby Samson, whom I rescued 6 days ago. He passed away yesterday morning. But he's still my forever baby.

I found Sammy on a main road near my home. He was in the middle of it and I almost ran over him. I wasn't really paying attention and thought it was a rag... baby was in poor condition, but he was so loving despite being a weak little wee baby. I miss him so so much.

This is Kiki, the only girl of the bunch, 9 mths old and bullies her older brothers. She is very affectionate, a clever little tuxedo and a born glutton. She was a feral kitten that hung around my dad's office and being too cute for her own good. My dad succumbed to her cuteness and brought her home. She was about 2 months old then.

This is my 2nd eldest, Snowy. He's now almost 4 yrs old. when I rescued him, he was estimated to be about 1 year plus in age. He's a really big boy now and filled out so much. Currently he weighs about 8.3kg (18lbs). When I first got him, he was bald with a bad case of mange. He have blocked tear ducts as well, so his eyes and nose have to be cleaned daily.

A vocal and needy boy that wants chest rubs a thousand times a day.

This is my eldest cat, 6 years old Blackie, but I call him Brother Handsome (He's my fav boy and I really find him very handsome lol)

Blackie was found under my friend's car one night when she hears very pitiful mews. He used to hang around her house but would come and go. That night, he appeared after not showing up for months, in bad conditions. He was badly beaten up by somebody. When we brought him to the emergency vet, doctor said he was almost dead due to toxic shock(?), his left arm had almost fallen off, it was dangling with bone showing and maggots crawling and smelling really foul. I was told he might have to be amputated but he escaped that ordeal with just a lost of just a thumb on his left hand, and 1 and a half toes on his left foot.

I thought he was just a domestic short hair cat, but lol 9 months after adopting him, he ended up being this long furry thing. his fur really exploded.

We have been together for 4 years now and I love this grouchy baby very much. I love how he has this daily need to knead and nuzzle my hair. im guessing my long black hair reminds him of his mother.

And thats me and my fur family. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
IMG_3604.GIF
mydarlingsamson, Kiki, Snowy and Blackie, on behalf of the Catsite community, a warm
IMG_3653.GIF
to all of you.

We are so sorry to hear about Sammy :alright:

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Thank you for having a heart in rescuing the kitties and for giving them a fur-ever warm and loving home and for treating their wounds. You have a lovely bunch here.

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2:

So sorry about Sammy. :alright: Thanks to you, he knew love. And didn't die alone. RIP sweet boy. .:angel3:

Your other 3 cats are lovely. Thank you for rescuing them. They all have much better lives because of you. :catlove:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mydarlingsamson

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2:

So sorry about Sammy. :alright: Thanks to you, he knew love. And didn't die alone. RIP sweet boy. .:angel3:

Your other 3 cats are lovely. Thank you for rescuing them. They all have much better lives because of you. :catlove:
Thank you. Sammy will be coming home tomorrow from his cremation, I can't wait, I wish he is with me already.

I thank my babies for having me as the owner instead. Thanks to them, my days are never boring. You know what they say about cats, you never own them, they own you :)

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I still have other furbabies that I love very much and would like to repay the kindness I received here with more participation.
I commented on Samson's passing on the other thread but my condolences again.
It's great to hear that you're going to continue with other posts, very good news.
Your babies are lovely and I wondered what breed influence Blackie may have. Do you know? I ask about Blackie in particular because I'm a sucker for the big fluffy ones.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mydarlingsamson

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I commented on Samson's passing on the other thread but my condolences again.
It's great to hear that you're going to continue with other posts, very good news.
Your babies are lovely and I wondered what breed influence Blackie may have. Do you know? I ask about Blackie in particular because I'm a sucker for the big fluffy ones.
Thank you again. I am glad Samson received so much love from here.

As for my handsome man, I honestly don't know. once when I brought him for grooming long ago, the shop owner thought he was a maine coon mix. but i feel that is impossible... hes not huge like a maine coon and doesnt have the distinct paws, nor markings of a maine coon breed or mix. Whereas my Snowy actually have really huge paws and he is at least 1/4 bigger and longer than Blackie...

For awhile, i was thinking maybe Blackie have some Turkish blood in him... because when he was a roaming cat, he looks like just a turkish angora when they have their summer coat, and that kind of makes sense to me cause Malaysia is a really hot and humid country and he was roaming outside.

But he is an indoor cat ever since he came to live with me, he sleeps in air conditioned room, etc...and after he recovered he just over the next few months exploded into this furry thing... what do you reckon? He is big cause he is fat (16lbs) so that makes him look huge...

catloverlady

My cat is a princess
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you for sharing your stories and I'm sorry to hear about Sammy but happy to see that you do have other fur babies in your life. Such good looking cats you have!