Member under spotligth 05-11 Apr...Larussa!...:)

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1. How many siblings do you have? Where are you in the birth order?

I have 3 siblings, two brothers and one sister.

2. Did you get along with your siblings as a child? Do you now?

I was the baby by 12 years to my youngest brother, 15 years younger than my oldest brother and 16 years younger than my sister. They had to baby sit me a lot when my parents went out. So yes I got along with all of them. The youngest brother died a few years ago and I don’t see my older brother much since he lives out of town. My sister and I are as close as you can be, I call her my 2nd mother. I am very close to my sister now and always will be.

3. How close were/are you to your parents?

I was very close to my mom, she was everything a mother could be to me. I loved her with all my heart. My dad tho was very strict and when I came home late at night, my mom would try to cover for me. Dad also gave me everything I wanted tho, I was the youngest kid in the neighborhood who had a TV in their room. But he could be formidable at times, I was never as close to my dad as I was my mom. Unfortunately they are both deceased and have been for many years.

4. Do you have a special childhood memory you'd like to share?

It was such a long time ago that I was a child but I do remember this. My mom loved going to the movies and she always asked if I wanted to go with her and I always said yes. She would take my hand and off we’d go.

There was a movie called Godzilla that I really wanted to see but my mom didn’t. She finally allowed me to go in the theatre alone and said she would come get me after the movie. While watching the movie I decided I wanted some candy and went up to get some but it was so crowded and I missed a good part of the movie. I decided to stay and watch the movie over again and watch the part I had missed. All of a sudden there was a flashlight in my face, it was an usher and my mom looking for me. She had a fit when I wasn’t outside at the time the movie ended so she asked the usher to look for me. She grabbed me and dragged me out of the theatre, I will never forget that. I wasn’t laughing then but I laugh at it now. Those were the days that you could sit in the theatre all day long on one ticket, can’t do that nowadays. I have since purchased that movie and a lot of those 60’s movies, they remind me of my youth.

My dad never liked going to the movies, he would rather stay home and watch his beloved NY Yankees play baseball. I see why I love the movies and also loving baseball, got them both from my parents.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks you for answering my questions my friend,
...The main topic of today would be Cats and also other stuffs...

1.- How many cats have you ever had in your enterely life?

2.- could you tell us the name of the list above?

3.- Do you have any preference about of Breeds of cats?

4.- Do you dream with cats when you sleeps?

5.- Have you ever to give catnip at your kittys to play?

6.- Wich brand do you prefer to give at your kitty in Wet and Dry food to eat?

7.- Would you like to work like a volunteer on a Cat shelter?

another stuffs...

8.- Wich one is your favourite colour to wear?
9.- Do you have some earrings with shape of cat?
10.- do you have some blouse with stamps of cats?
11.- do you collect or you have handcraft of kittys?
12.- how many purses do you have?

.....I hope not boring you with my questions my friend...
..Cheers chick!...

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1.- How many cats have you ever had in your enterely life?

I have had 3 cats total. When Misty was 2 I adopted another female kitten, it didn’t work out. I had her about 9 months but she was very unfriendly towards Misty and since Misty was so laid back, Pepper (the new kitten) would eat Misty’s food and I had to finally feed Misty in the bathroom. I had a hygienist at the dental office and she was looking for a kitten, she came to my house and liked Pepper and that’s how Pepper got a new home.

A couple of years later my vet said she had a cute little male, she thought maybe Misty would get along better with a male and that if it didn’t work out I could bring him back. Unfortunately I did have to bring Gizmo back since he wouldn’t let Misty get near me. Now, that I would not live with, no way. Gizmo was readopted very quickly and I was happy to hear that. For the rest of her life, Misty was my only kitty. I was happy that I had found good homes for those two kittens.

2.- could you tell us the name of the list above?

See the above answer.

3.- Do you have any preference about of Breeds of cats?

I really don’t care much about having a purebred but if I had to choose, I would like a Siamese, a cat with short hair.

4.- Do you dream with cats when you sleeps?

Since Misty went to the Rainbow Bridge, she has come to me a couple of times in my dreams.

5.- Have you ever to give catnip at your kittys to play?

Oh yes Autumn really enjoys her catnip, I give her some maybe once a week. I love seeing her rolling around in it, she sometimes eats it too. I really get a kick out of her frolicking around and enjoying herself.

6.- Wich brand do you prefer to give at your kitty in Wet and Dry food to eat?

Autumn gets Friskies canned food and her dry food is Purina Indoor Only. She gets half a can in the morning but dry food is out all day. She also gets treats a couple of times a day.

7.- Would you like to work like a volunteer on a Cat shelter?

Actually I did work in a cat shelter a couple of years ago during the summer. I had to leave for various reasons.

8.- Wich one is your favourite colour to wear?

I love the combination of brown and beige, I also love blue shirts and blouses.

9.- Do you have some earrings with shape of cat?

Yes I have a black and white pair of cat earrings (the color of Misty), I had purchased these years before she died and I still wear them.

10.- do you have some blouse with stamps of cats?

I have a couple of sweatshirts with cats on them. A friend even sent me one with the name of Misty on it. This again was before Misty left me.

11.- do you collect or you have handcraft of kittys?

I have a lot of towels, pot holders and place mats of kittys that were all given to me. I also have salt and pepper shakers that are in the shape of two different cats and other misc. items.

12.- how many purses do you have?

I gave quite a few away before I moved last May, I guess now I have about 20. Purses are one of my favorite accessories, I collect them more than shoes. I have totes, hobo’s, cross over bags, knitted bags. I only have 4 or 5 real leather bags, the rest are man made materials.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
well my friend!...
it have been a lovely week!...

Now you have the microphone of the site for you alone!...

-If you want to give a message to all members of the Site,.what would you tell us?...

-Are you regret for being under the spotlight?...

-Anything that you want to add by your own?...

So your´s the moment!...

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

well my friend!...
it have been a lovely week!...

Now you have the microphone of the site for you alone!...

-If you want to give a message to all members of the Site,.what would you tell us?...

-Are you regret for being under the spotlight?...

-Anything that you want to add by your own?...

So your´s the moment!...
Rigel and Rapunzel, this has really been a pleasure being in the Spotlight and I enjoyed every minute of it. It made me feel so important
. Anyone who is on the fence about this, I say go for it. I was a little leery and never thought I would want to open up but it worked out fine. I really enjoyed it. I do not regret at all being in the Spotlight.

This is a wonderful website and I am so glad that I found it. It is run very smoothly and everyone seems to care for each other. I hope TCS continues for many, many years.

Thanks again Rigel and Rapunzel.