Megan And Fiona!

Megan S

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone! My name is Megan and I'm very proud that I will be a new cat owner very soon! I've always wanted a cat, but my whole family is allergic! Very soon I am going to move into my first apartment and start my job as an RN!! So of course, first I find the perfect apartment and then go looking for the perfect kitty! I don't actually move into my apartment until June 23rd. So when I went to the shelter yesterday (the AMAZING Pet Refuge in South Bend, IN) I was only going to look and get to know the shelter.....

But then I met my perfect little angel Fiona! (I believe I attached a picture) I fell in love with her right away and thankfully she chose me too! :redheartpump: She is a great little girl with a sad history. She came from a hoarder that was not taking care of their many many cats. She was very young (about 11-13 months old), but already pregnant. She was so small and having kittens plus being malnourished was so hard on her body. So will probably always be a very small girl. But even with her sad past she is still very social (she actually seems to prefer people over cats!) Lucky the shelter agreed to hold her for me for almost two months until I get settled in my apartment! I will volunteering at the shelter, working in the cat infirmary and putting my nursing skills to good use. And of course spending lots of time and bonding with Fiona.

I just wanted to introduce my self and my new love! :wave3: I also wanted to share her story and let people know that there are so many great animals in shelters just waiting for their person. My family has been against me going to a shelter saying, "Those cats are in there for a reason. They're all bad cats." I can tell you that is simply not true!!!
I have been enjoying this site for a while, but didn't want to introduce myself until I had kitty. I've reading lots of article and asking a few questions on the forum to prepare for the day when I bring my baby home. Thanks everybody! I'm sure I'm to have tons of fun on this site!
IMG_4214.JPG
IMG_4214.JPG
:kneading::lovecat::geekcat:

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome! Fiona is so gorgeous! I definitely look forward to seeing her photos around TCS. There are a lot of knowledgeable cat lovers on TCS, so I'm sure that if you have any questions, you'll get a response momentarily. :hellocomputer: Let us know how introducing Fiona into your home goes, and if you have any questions. :thumbsup:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello Megan and Fiona, welcome to TCS :wave3:

Thank you for adopting Fiona and for having a positive mind on sheltered cats. There should be more people like you with such a mindset.

Fiona is a real cutie :lovecat: and feel free to ask questions if you have any and do browse around the site and do post more photos of Fiona :wink:

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Flora has such a fluffy tail! Welcome to the site, we are here to help you answer any questions you may have :) Congrats on your new kitty!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I've got four shelter cats. They're wonderful cats--they were just unfortunately born into a situation where they couldn't be cared for and had to be surrendered, or were abandoned. How good of you to volunteer at the shelter and neat that you'll be able to be around Fiona so much. Congratulations on your first apartment and your first RN job, too. Lots of new adventures for you and Fiona this summer. :clap:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Megan S

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everybody! Thanks for being so sweet! Quick update: Fiona is doing awesome! I did some much research and I had so many plans for what to do when I brought her home, but she had no problems at all! I was planning to keep her in a spare bedroom for the first 24hrs, but after a half an hour she wanted out to explore the rest of the apartment. She walked around like she lived there forever! No freakout, no drama! The only issue we have is that she sleeps most of the day and is super active at night. Which makes it hard for me to sleep, but in about a month I'll start working nightshift and then we'll be on the same schedule. I'm so happy I brought her into my home!