Megacolon

Sedona22

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Need advice for low fiber grain free wet cat food..my baby has been prescribed hills prescription I\d ..not helping at all.
He's still having trouble pooping.
He left a very hard stool on the bed in the spare room

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feed a lot of Tiki Cat and weruva. You may want to check with your vet about what other foods would work with your cat. If she has prescribed a food i would talk to her about changing.

one place i like to look at, and they show the fiber content of the foods, is the cat food data base. you can compare the fiber in a lot of different foods.
CatFoodDB - Cat Food Reviews to help you find the best cat food for your cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sedona22

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for your reply..
I will check the site out.
My cat needs a low fiber...I guess hill's I/D is very high in fiber
Does your cat have megacolon..
I've been back and forth to the vet
It's getting very expensive...all the tests
Who sells tiki cat?

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your reply..
I will check the site out.
My cat needs a low fiber...I guess hill's I/D is very high in fiber
Does your cat have megacolon..
I've been back and forth to the vet
It's getting very expensive...all the tests
Who sells tiki cat?
no, i do not have a cat with mega colon. I know some that do say their cats are better with high fiber, others say low fiber. I dont know, so i recomend you work with your vet on which is best for your cat.

I just try to feed my cats low fiber foods, because most cats dont need a lot of fiber, imo. For Dry food i like Dr. Elseys because of the low carbs. But the lowest fiber dry food i have found is Farmina.

petco carries tiki cat now. I order most of mine off of Chewy.

some of the Almo nature complete foods are also low in fiber, like the chicken and carrots, or chicken and green beans. stay away from the cheese as it can be constipating.

many of the Weruva foods are also very low fiber. i get them from chewy as well.

If you just want to order one or two cans of different things to see what he can eat you can shop at these two stores below, for cases i usually shop chewy.

All Natural Pet Products | Homeopathic Remedies for Cats | Only Natural Pet

The Big Bad Woof | Pet Store & Delivery
big bad woof is great to order from, but i find their site a bit difficult. i just search for Canned cat food, otherwise i have a hard time finding it. they do carry tiki, almo nature, and weruva.

Sedona22

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you...shall give it a try..
I'm doing baked fish at the moment for them...I have two cats..one with megacolon

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you...shall give it a try..
I'm doing baked fish at the moment for them...I have two cats..one with megacolon
yes, do look into the foods. I dont know as baked fish is a good thing to do, not often. Human fish does not have the added vitamins and minerals that cats need, especially with fish. They need extras with fish. I would try to feed the majority of their food as a balanced cat food. Or Check out the Raw forum, if you like cooking for your cats that may be a good option for you?

Sedona22

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've just cooked some white fish...my other cat won't touch it...I'm waiting for smokey ( with megacolon) to waken up.
If much rather buy the food for them.
That's why I want the recommendations for low fiber and grain free