Meet Our Cats

Synthbent715

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello eveyone. My name is Matt, I'm 34 and I live just outside of Atlanta, GA. When I met my wife back in 2001, I was not a cat person, in fact I was pretty allergic to them. That didn't stop me going to her house as often as I could, and eventually I fell in love with cats, and my allergies just went away (mind over matter, I guess). I recently posted a thread on the cat health forum pertaining to a rescue that we've been having some issues with trying to get 100% healed. I've attached pictures of him, plus our four other cats.

Orange Tabby - This is Budd. He is 14 years old. My wife raised him from a Kitten when she was still in High School, right after I met her. He is very sweet and loving. He is a really relaxed cat, and love to lay up against anyone who comes over, he just loves being next to people. Budd and I have a really great connection. He is waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs when I get home and he won't leave my side until I leave for work the next morning.

Black Cat- This is Sugar. He is 10 years old. Sugar and Budd are best friends, they are ALWAYS snuggling. We got Sugar from a Craigslist Free ad. We actually went there to get a female Persian, but she had run away the night prior, so we got Sugar instead. Sugar is a very unique cat. He is afraid of strangers, but once he gets to know you, he will make it his duty to lay on top of you by any means necessary. He is very talkative, and he loves to be scratched on his back. He also loves to be brushed, I have never seen a cat in more ecstasy than Sugar when he is being brushed. Sugar has had some problems in the past with urinary stones, he had to have two catheters and lots of visits to the emergency vet. He has been perfectly healthy for the past 5 years though.

Grey Bobtail- This is Stripes. Stripes is 9 years old and he was given to us by an acquaintance as a kitten. When we first got him, he had a huge wolfworm in his neck, and he had to have surgery to get it removed. Stripes is a very weird cat. He doesn't really like to be touched, but he will just sit there and stare at you all day long. He has a goofy body shape, with huge back haunches, a barrel chest, and a tiny little head, along with a little bob tail. Stripes got out about a year ago and fought all the other cats in the neighborhood, I found him the next day, squished up against a tree and a fence, with tufts of hair gone from him, bite marks, and all together a traumatized look on his face. Luckily he has recovered from all that, but he still acts like a tough guy.

Tortoiseshell- This is Peanut Butter Wolf (Peanut for short). She is our only female, and she is only 7 years old. The name just comes from me, I used to listen to a DJ who went by the name of Peanut Butter Wolf, and every time I saw a cat with ANY kind of brown/tan color, I'd call it by that name...when we found Peanut, my wife let me name her. We were leaving to go eat when we lived in an Apartment complex, and right as I turned around, she ran up and jumped into my arms and started purring. She was just a little kitten, and we just couldn't do anything but keep her. She is a really sweet cat to my wife and I, but she is a bit aggressive to strangers. She also drools like crazy. She will jump up on my chest and lay down, I'll pet her for 5 minutes, she'll leave and my shirt has a huge drool puddle! She doesn't really snuggle with the other cats, she's kind of a loner.

Grey Previously Stray Cat- This is Theo, he's about 2 years old. He was part of a pack of strays that we used to feed in our driveway and one day he just disappeared. About a year later, he showed back up and his face was bloody, and he was skinny and missing a lot of hair, with bite marks all over him. He is a VERY sweet and loving cat, he loves attention, and he purrs more than I thought it was possible for any cat to purr. My wife and I took him in and after about 8 vet visits, a lot of medication, and lots of love and good food, he's almost completely healed up. We will soon be getting him fixed and he will be living up stairs with the rest of the family (right now he lives in the finished basement).

These are our sweet cats and we love them very much!
416356_424269270925079_1150294731_o.jpg
383601_320457724639568_2037065047_n.jpg
599649_463904273628245_304963305_n.jpg
1801226_986995607985773_4665411603711269887_o.jpg
11222438_992700977415236_8128969078814578168_o.jpg
13697118_1211718735513458_5765860961533372403_n.jpg
theo 1.png
10984506_926544504030884_3153207834061652327_o.jpg

Last edited:

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! Your cats are lovely, and you are a great human for them, rescuing and giving them medical attention when they need it. I hope to see you around the forums!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi Matt, we meet again and another warm welcome to you :wave3:

Your kitties are lovely :lovecat::lovecat4: and glad that you've become a cat daddy and allergies are gone.

So how's Theo's eye coming along? Has he been to the vet yet? Do keep us posted on his eye and continue to post photos of your lovely kitties :wink:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Synthbent715

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi Matt, we meet again and another warm welcome to you :wave3:

Your kitties are lovely :lovecat::lovecat4: and glad that you've become a cat daddy and allergies are gone.

So how's Theo's eye coming along? Has he been to the vet yet? Do keep us posted on his eye and continue to post photos of your lovely kitties :wink:
Well, this morning his eye was looking better. When I get home I'll check again and see how it looks. He's got a vet appointment for tomorrow.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! Your cats are beautiful, and you;re so kind to take them in, and give them a good home!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome! What a lovely furfamily you have! I do have to admit to my tortie bias here...see my avatar, love of my life, and despot unparalleled. We're so glad that you and the crew are here! Lucky Theo, to have found such a wonderful family to be a part of. Every stray should have that chance!