Meet Noah, AKA Sir Grumpsalot.

annabanana93

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
As you guys can probably guess, I'm new here, so I thought I'd introduce the cause of most of my woes - Noah.

Noah (also known as any word with grumpy added to it, and Noo), is a 12 year old FIV+ rescue cat.  Me and my partner have had him for two years now, and he really does light up my day.

He was taken in by a charity at nine years old, and they struggled to home him due to his age and health issues, but I think all of those things went out the window when I met him, it was grump at first sight.

So, here's the little munchkin!

On a catnip high:

View media item 342729
His "I'm too warm so I'm going to become a panther mode":

And guarding the hedgehog:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to you and Noah!
 He's really adorable - I love his expression in the first photo.  Was he asking for food at the time?  
   it was very good of you to adopt him at his age and with FIV.  I wish there were more people like you.  Noah is a very lucky kitty.  I hope to hear more about him!  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

annabanana93

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

He's a beauty! I'm hopefully going to be adopting a FIV+ cat I have my eye on over the next few weeks. :)
Don't let it put you off too much!  We went into it with him with no experience of FIV, and only the knowledge that I had off the internet, but we've managed to muddle through.  He's had a few issues, mostly with upper respiratory infections, but nothing we haven't been able to pull him through so far.

What a handsome boy! He's got beautiful mocha coloring in that second pic.
He is a slightly funny colour to be honest, he looks a little bleached in the light 
  To look at from a distance in artificial light he just looks black, but in the sun he goes quite brown around his face especially, the little oddball that he is just couldn't be a "normal" black cat! 

Welcome to you and Noah!
 He's really adorable - I love his expression in the first photo.  Was he asking for food at the time?  
   it was very good of you to adopt him at his age and with FIV.  I wish there were more people like you.  Noah is a very lucky kitty.  I hope to hear more about him!  
Thank you for the welcome!  I'm sure he would contest the description of adorable - he is a fierce alley tom cat who only has pet humans because he is forced to 
 (in reality he is a lap cat in every sense of the word).

He was actually just tripping really hard off catnip!  He can be very playful for his age, and had just been chasing a bit of string with my partner.

I'm so glad we took a chance with him, I think he just had a really bad combination for adoptabilty - not a kitten (not even young adult), health issues, black, and a proper grumpy tom face (chubby cheeks, raggy ears).  I couldn't help but love him, I think he fits in our little rag-tag family very well.