Meet my new girl, Maisie the Greysie!

lissalouie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just want to introduce everyone to my newest kitty, Maisie!

I've had her for about ten days now. She was a foster-to-adopt, but I committed to adopting her.

The shelter estimated her to be four, but I suspect she is a bit older. She has some difficulty jumping, trots instead of runs, and has quite a few missing teeth. She can be very playful at times, but also loves to sleep. I have a vet appointment for her in ten days so I'll definitely ask their opinion. It doesn't matter to me how old she is, I just want to be able to make sure everything is okay. :)

She is extremely cat-friendly and hence introductions are going very well with her and my five-year-old boy Rory. She is very keen on getting his attention, while still respecting his requests for space, and I think in time they will be good friends.

I reached out to the shelter she came to before my local one, and they told me she and her one kitten were surrendered by a woman who took them in when they came to her house months ago. She had too many cats already and wanted to give them a chance to find a better home. Her kitten (who was absolutely adorable; beautiful diluted tortie) was quickly adopted, but she lingered until they moved her to the larger regional SPCA.

So many of her mannerisms and habits remind me so much of my soul cat, Lou, who crossed the bridge six months ago. She feels familiar and warm. I've never had a female cat before so I am looking forward to learning how they emote and connect with people.

She is missing some incisors and hence has a fairly constant blep. I am very looking forward to booking her a dental to get her mouth in tip-top shape.

Anyway, here's little Maisie!

Attachments

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Congrats on adopting Maisie! :bouquet: And thank you for opening your heart to another kitty after the passing of Lou.:hugs: I love the last picture with her sleeping so contently.

Stormy accepts you

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just want to introduce everyone to my newest kitty, Maisie!

I've had her for about ten days now. She was a foster-to-adopt, but I committed to adopting her.

The shelter estimated her to be four, but I suspect she is a bit older. She has some difficulty jumping, trots instead of runs, and has quite a few missing teeth. She can be very playful at times, but also loves to sleep. I have a vet appointment for her in ten days so I'll definitely ask their opinion. It doesn't matter to me how old she is, I just want to be able to make sure everything is okay. :)

She is extremely cat-friendly and hence introductions are going very well with her and my five-year-old boy Rory. She is very keen on getting his attention, while still respecting his requests for space, and I think in time they will be good friends.

I reached out to the shelter she came to before my local one, and they told me she and her one kitten were surrendered by a woman who took them in when they came to her house months ago. She had too many cats already and wanted to give them a chance to find a better home. Her kitten (who was absolutely adorable; beautiful diluted tortie) was quickly adopted, but she lingered until they moved her to the larger regional SPCA.

So many of her mannerisms and habits remind me so much of my soul cat, Lou, who crossed the bridge six months ago. She feels familiar and warm. I've never had a female cat before so I am looking forward to learning how they emote and connect with people.

She is missing some incisors and hence has a fairly constant blep. I am very looking forward to booking her a dental to get her mouth in tip-top shape.

Anyway, here's little Maisie!
Oh my God, she looks just like my Stormy! (profile picture) Congrats on your new homie!