Meet Mickey

Madam94

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I’ve a couple years ago I was really wanting a black kitten, well it just so happened a friends brothers fiancé’s’ grandmother was needing to rehome her cat. I was informed he was a kitten but information was very much miscommunicated. Here I am 2 years later finding out so much information on my now 2nd son (one human/one cat), that I’m astounded! I’m fairly certain he is a Havana Brown mix but I’d like more opinions to assure my judgement call. Meet Mickey, my lover bug!

P.S. the first photo is for comparison reasons only (the cat picture is NOT of my baby).

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is gorgeous! Since he does not have papers, he will be known as a black DSH or domestic short hair. As for his background, anything is possible, but the only way to know for sure is a DNA test. They have one for breed and health at Amazon I saw for 99.00. My sister had one done on her dog, and she was mostly a breed that is pretty rare!

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's very cute! I like his smile :)

From these pictures, I am not 100% sure of Mickey's color. He is either a black cat with some discoloration to his coat giving it a lighter and brownish tone in some areas (which is a fairly common phenomenon), or his color is seal sepia (the color of a sable Burmese cat). To distinguish between these colors, it could be helpful to see more pictures of him in good lighting, if you have them?

In either case, he is not chocolate in color (the color of the Havana Brown), so you can scratch that particular possibility off your list!

Most cats are not any particular breed, and are also not "mixes" of breeds, unlike dogs. For most cats, a DNA test will not give you reliable information about a cat's "breed mix." It is not the same as a dog DNA test.