Meet Ghosty!

Ghostycat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi y'all!
I wanted to thank everyone for the help and support when Ghosty was sick a few days ago. That's how I found this site and I'm very glad I did!

Meet Ghosty! She's a 9 month old kitty who I believe was meant to be mine. I was always crazy about cats but could never own one as a kid or even a young adult for one reason or another. As a child, I used to be that little girl who would run around pretending to be a witch on a broom with my black cat stuffed animal sitting on my shoulder. :flail:how fitting!

So! Fast forward like 25 years...I had been talking to my boyfriend about wanting to adopt a cat for the previous few months. We were out to dinner one night, and he got a random text from a friend trying to spread the word about some 4 week old barn kittens that she was hoping to adopt out in the weeks ahead. On a whim, we went to see the kittens right after dinner. Ghosty was the runt of her litter, clearly a little scraggly, and she had a dilated pupil from getting her eye scratched somehow. She was the only kitten that was calm in my hands when I held her, most probably because she was weaker than the other kitties. But I picked her.

We waited a few more weeks to take her home. In that period of time, I had a bumper sticker on my car get half ripped off so I ordered a replacement decal. I was not only sent the original ordered sticker, the package also included two "sample" stickers...two tiny decals of a black cat shadow and a butterfly. Butterflies also have a special significance to me so I really felt like Ghosty was meant to be :)

Since her adoption last summer, she has thrived. She's such a happy and crazy kitten, and she's basically my little shadow, following me everywhere. She's helped me more with anxiety and loneliness than anything else I've ever tried. I love her so much!!

First picture when she was a kitten, second picture all grown up! ~8months.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
welcome cat plaque 2 DOCcomp.jpg
Ghosty is adorable!! :redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump: I wonder if she will ever grow into those very impressive ears? I'm so glad you decided to introduce yourselves as I missed the earlier posts about her. As a black cat aficionado, I love them all but Ghosty's personality just shines through her pictures. I'd like to give her a kiss right on that cute little black nose. :biggrin:

Please take the time to look around the site and check out the articles and threads. There is an enormous amount of information here covering almost anything you can think of that's related to felines. If you can't find it, always feel free to post. TCS's members are generous in sharing their knowledge, often gained through first-hand experience. That's another great thing about this site - it's an active community and we are always delighted to welcome new members.

I'm very glad that Ghosty is feeling better. She certainly looks healthy and happy in her picture. It seems that not only was she meant to be yours, you were meant to be hers!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to The Cat Site. :wave2:

I also missed your earlier posts about Ghosty, so glad you've created a thread here. And that Ghosty is feeling better. :hearthrob:
She is adorable. And has definitely grown since her kitten picture. :catlove:

Love the story of how she came into your life. The part about the decals, gave me goosebumps!
Ghosty was definitely meant to be yours. :petcat:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
WHAT a cutie-pie she is! Love the story of you as a child! Wordsworth said, "the child is the father of the man," so it would stand to reason that the child is also the mother of the woman! Welcome to BOTH of you!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Ghosty is so cute and elegant! :loveeyes:

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :welcomesign: Everyone here is so amazing and helpful. I'm only in my first year at TCS (and owning cats,) too, but I visit almost every day, because people hereare so kind, helpful, and fun! :heartshape:

Like Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 I loved the story of you as a child. Ghosty is a beautiful lady - the absolute perfect cat for you! Her ears size / shape remind me of my Lucy. Does Ghosty also let you know how she's feeling with her ears?

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
C0B1CE26-79D2-40BB-A942-CB3CF366630F.gif
Ghosty and Ghosty owner (sorry, did not get your name :oops:)
on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
254D8B4A-F06B-47F0-A908-F94D2D9FE99E.gif
to both of you.

Glad that you’ve joined us and you are in the right place for all things cat.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Thank you for adopting Ghosty. She’s lovely and we have special threads for her here in :-
Black Cats Only
Post your cat as a kitten and now! and many other fun threads to showcase what your kitty is up to here in Fur Pictures and Videos Only!

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love a story like that! Thanks for posting it,made my morning.