Meet Charlie

RieFosters

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
On Tuesday, January 30, 2019 a starving, flea ridden, semi-paralyzed kitten was brought to me in a small square laundry basket littered with his urine and feces. He was taken from a home where, at the age of 6 weeks old, he endured a trauma by the hands of a human that has caused his back legs to have extremely low mobility where he can not walk and is in pain.

When Charlie went to the veterinarian the day after I got him, they recommended euthanasia. As I sat in my car across from the veterinary hospital, shocked that they were telling me there was nothing they could do, I knew they were wrong. I had spent only one night with Charlie but I knew he was a fighter and I knew there had to be another way. I went into the hospital and spoke to the veterinarians who showed me the x-rays and explained their findings. They were kind and compassionate but there was nothing they could do. But there was something I could do. So we left the veterinarian's office and we went to the emergency department at Penn Vet.

After waiting for hours, the final decision was that the surgeons at Penn were at least willing to do advanced imaging and possibly surgery... at the price tag of $12,000 (give or take 25%).

Not having $6,000 to put down, we went home and started planning. I knew with every fiber of my being that surgery at Penn Vet was the best choice for Charlie. He had so much life in him, he was a fighter, and so we fought. I started his GoFundMe that night.

Charlie did see a third veterinarian on Friday, 2/1, who further confirmed that advanced imaging and surgery would be Charlie's best chance.

Saturday morning I took Charlie back to Penn Vet and told them we were all in. On Monday 2/4 Charlie had advanced imaging and then surgery. I recieved the following video from his surgeon this morning:

Since this is my first post here there are a lot of details missing. I have been religiously updating our GoFundMe page (click here) as well as my Instagram account ( RieFosters RieFosters ), so please check us out if you're interested in all the details. One of Charlie's biggest supporters posted about him here and urged me to join and share his story.

I'm looking forward to being part of another amazing, supportive, community!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
MOD NOTE:

To all members, a reminder that it is your responsibility to check out these solicitations to the best of your ability. Thecatsite.com does not stand behind any solicitation of funds for any reasons that appear in the forums unless explicitly authorized.

Please note that this is a generic note added after all pleas for money.

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
Not having $6,000 to put down, we went home and started planning. I knew with every fiber of my being that surgery at Penn Vet was the best choice for Charlie. He had so much life in him, he was a fighter, and so we fought. I started his GoFundMe that night.
This first GoFundMe link goes to your YouTube video for some reason, the second link is good though :bluepaw:.

Since you are new, you won’t be able to edit your post, but a mod I am sure will gladly do it for you.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am so glad that you started this thread! I met Charlie before you posted, via the previous post, and quite fell in love with him. Be very, very welcome here, and do post updates on how this little Warrior Angel is doing!

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! Hats off. I do believe heroes need no capes, just a compassionate heart.