Meet Bond

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
I adopted a new cat to day. His name is Bond. He is coloured like Indy but has white as well.

I unfortunatly don't have pictures yet because he is still a bit cautious but he is very playful and Indy seems to like him. I let her sniff his carrier and no hissing or growling. They even have played together through the glass door.

Bond's basecamp has a glass door like a french door but only one door. Realy handy since they can interact without touching each other.

Bond is a bit hand shy, he greets me purring and soliciting pets but quickly backs off. Almost like I'm going to smack him. He is a rescue who apperently had a home but was left to fend for himself in the country. I can pick him up but he gets airplane ears and squirms.

I have him in his basecamp for now and he is eating, playing and using the litterbox. I think he just needs time honestly.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Tx for the report! Im happy you found a good solution for you and your resident - and the newcomer. A win - win for all involved.

How old is Bond? If he isnt a kitten, I suppose the Bond tread will be moved into some other subforum. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
I really don't know his age, rescue said he was 1 but he really acts like he's younger than that he even plays like a kitten in that typical paws splayed tail curved down posture playing with toys. He also can play for litteraly an hour nonstop, powernap, play nonstop. He realy doesn't look full grown either his paws are huge.

They said hes a year but i'm thinking maybe 9 or 10 months. Seems smaller than Indy.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
He has the most unique markings pics don't do justice. Almost like he has both blue tabby and brown tabby markings. I don't think that's possable though. Hes defenatly a boy, I double checked!

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Well last night Bond pushed Indy's buttons, he tried to steal her food while she was eatting and she bit him! She drew blood.

They are fine today but Bond has a little scab on his neck. I cleaned it with a damp cloth and am keeping an eye on him. They are back to playing again and getting along fine. She just didn't like him bugging her while she was eatting.