Me-o cat food

mx4878

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was looking for more brands as the ones I usually buy are often sold out, I came across me-o cat food. Some of its food seem bad but I came across these two (the delite line, chicken) and was wondering if anyone that has a can in their house to let me know what the added nutrients are, I couldnt find any list of the nutrients they add online in english. I believe it is commonly sold in Malaysia and Singapore (and maybe other neighboring countries?) though. Also, does anyone know if its complete and balanced to any official standards?

Attachments

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd say that it's okay as a backup to get you by when you can't find your regular food, provided your cat will eat it.

Not saying that your cat won't eat it. It's just that some cats are picky eaters and it's hard to get them to eat new foods.

The ingredients don't look terrible. Middle of the road, actually. Basic cat food.

The only things to watch out for are the xanthan gum and the tapioca starch.

Xanthan gum is a thickener made from fermented sugar.
Tapioca is starch from the cassava root.

Neither tapioca or xanthan have much nutrition. Both have a lot of calories.

When a food is high in calories from starch or sugar but has low nutrition, we say that it has a lot of "empty calories."

Also, some cats can get gas or get the runs from eating too much xanthan. That's something for you to figure out. It depends on the cat.

So, if this is a food to get you by when you can't find your regular food in the stores, it sounds okay but, with all the empty calories and the possibility of getting digestive upset, I wouldn't use it as a regular food.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mx4878

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you
What other kitten food would you recommend? (My usual has been sold out for a month)