Me and my son saved this kitten

Tiffanie Rockholt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My son and I were walking down the creek bank and we heard a cat crying on the other side of the creek. Well it came to the edge of the creek crying ! So we walked farther down the creek Trying to find a way to get across there to save it, before i could get across to save it the kitten jumping in the cold creek to get to us . The kitten was freezing and so skinny you could see its ribs. The water was so cold and wouldn’t believe what I just saw I felt like it was destiny for us to have the kitten.so now it sleeps with my son every night and it’s so happy! I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the cats claws because it has no claws they tore off ripped out some are just broken! But I’m worried they want grow back ! anything about the cats claws because it has no claws they tore off ripped out some are just broken! But I’m worried they wont grow back !

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Gunther4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think you need to worry about it's claws. Claws or no claws that kitten has a warm loving home with you and your son so from here on out that kitten has a family - family is way more important than claws. How fortunate it was that you found this little one and were able to change it's future.

Joxer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Me and my son was walking down the creek bank and we heard a cat crying on the other side of the creek. Well it came to the edge of the creek crying ! So me and my son was walking father down the creek Trying to find a way to get across there to save it, before i could get across to save it the kitten jumping in the cold creek to get to us . The kitchen was freezing and so skinny you could see it ribs. The water was so cold and wouldn’t believe what I just seen! I felt like it was destiny for us to have the kitten.so now it sleep with my son every night and it’s so happy! I was wondering if anyone know anything about the cats clothes because it has no clothes they tore off ripped out some are just broken! But I’m worried they want grow back !
I had a cat who was chased up a tree by a neighbor's dog and tore out a nail in the process. The nail eventually grew back, but it was really painful for him in the meantime (he limped for a few weeks).

Definitely take this kitten to see a vet. They will probably suggest topical flea/tick and deworming treatments. If you buy these on your own, remember that cats CANNOT use flea/tick treatments marketed for dogs. They will die. There are several common insecticides used in flea/tick treatments for dogs that will kill cats.

Make sure to give this kitten food that is marketed as kitten food, ideally one of the better brands. Check the ingredients and buy a kitten food with some sort of meat (like chicken) as the first ingredient, rather than corn or another grain as is common with the cheap foods sold in grocery stores.

That first vet visit is really important. It is much better to deal with any health issues early in a cat's life, before they become serious.