Me And A Couple Norse Gods

shadeling

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey everyone. I just joined and figured I'd introduce myself now that I've posted about my cat problems. I'm in Texas and have had cats off and on in life growing up, but this is the first time I've had cats while on my own. I teach high school English (dual credit this year) and just recently decided to bring home a second kitty so my first adopted cat wouldn't be alone during the day quite so much. Still working on that getting along thing, but I have hope.

My resident cat is a neutered male who came with the name Loki, and since I happen to be madly in love with Tom Hiddleston, I kept the name. Besides, the boy is wearing a tux and looks dapper in it. :) He's my green eyed talkative goof.

My newcomer is an altered girl I brought home in November. They picked her up off the street looking thin, but she's a snuggle-bug who just wants to live life in your lap for the most part. She's not a bouncy maniac like Loki, but very calm and serene. I decided not to keep her name of Cobbler, but instead called her Sigyn after mythological (rather than Marvel) Loki's wife. We found out at the vet that she was already spayed and about four years old, near enough to Loki's age at this point that I call them the same. She's a lynx-point Siamese type, though if she's Siamese she's a very quiet one. She's going to go in for a teeth-cleaning later this month when I get paid, because life on the streets was hard and she's got some tartar buildup that's making her breath pretty righteous right now. :X

I'll see if I can find a good picture or two of them. Loki's a good 13 lbs (and a piggy, so I get why he was a bit overweight when I got him) and Sigyn's gained two since I got her and now weighs a mighty 7 lbs.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Welcome to you and your beautiful kittehs. Thank you for adopting.

A Texas school teacher!!! Thank you for your service, I hope you enjoy your work. A noble profession for sure.