Mattresses

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:winner:

After A LOT of online research we went out Saturday and bought a
"Serta iComfort Hybrid Blue Fusion 1000 Luxury Firm". Consumer Reports recommends it, we liked it and also know of someone that has this mattress and is very happy with it.

It was on sale plus we got the box spring for free. We had to buy a king-sized bed as well. the bed is out of stock but the
should receive it tomorrow and it is all scheduled to be delivered on Wednesday. :crossfingers: I'm going to have to call tomorrow to make sure the bed came in.

When I went
to pay for it, my credit card kept getting declined. :eek2: Apparently it had been compromised and my credit card company shut it down. I've been dealing with that mess all day.

I spent a fair amount of time yesterday buying new bedding and washing it. That's a headache in itself. :lol: I've still got to move some things around and clean others before
Wednesday morning and my husband and I will have to break down the old bed Wednesday morning.

We noticed
yesterday the water heater is leaking and have a call in to a plumber. I'm a bit :runaround: :lol:
I'm so excited for you!Our old mattress was a king,so I didn't have to worry about buying new bedding,thank goodness!Once you get all the getting rid of the old,the new set up how you want it and actually made,it will all be worth it.Enjoy!

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't understand why you need to buy new box springs. Can't you use the one you have? Mine are nothing but a box of wooden supports covered in fabric. There aren't any springs in them.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I don't understand why you need to buy new box springs. Can't you use the one you have? Mine are nothing but a box of wooden supports covered in fabric. There aren't any springs in them.
They're moving up to a king-sized mattress, so the old ones will be too small.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ooooo! Look at all that space to stretch out on! Have you tested it??

Having to buy new bedding is a little chore huh? I really like NICE sheets. Not anything crazy expensive; but still nice and soft. My Aunt had bought us several nice sets when we were first married and had gotten the queen bed. I was kinda sad to let those go. Not so sad I'll ever regret getting the king bed though. ;) :D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Very nice! Has Abby checked it out yet?
I had to shut her in teh cellar when they were delivering it yesterday and when she came up she started sniffing the air and made her way upstairs. :lol: Both our bed and the bed in the guest room are a bit higher, so I don't know if she would be able to jump up now.

Ooooo! Look at all that space to stretch out on! Have you tested it??

Having to buy new bedding is a little chore huh? I really like NICE sheets. Not anything crazy expensive; but still nice and soft. My Aunt had bought us several nice sets when we were first married and had gotten the queen bed. I was kinda sad to let those go. Not so sad I'll ever regret getting the king bed though. ;) :D
I had bought a comforter at Kohls that was a steal. I put it on the bed yesterday and the design was crooked! It was a clearance item and now I know why. I went to a few places today looking at comforters and now my head hurts. :lol:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had bought a comforter at Kohls that was a steal. I put it on the bed yesterday and the design was crooked! It was a clearance item and now I know why. I went to a few places today looking at comforters and now my head hurts.
:alright: I understand. I think it took me 8 years to settle on my living room curtains. Or maybe that was the kitchen ones. I only wanted to get something I would REALLY like. :rolleyes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
:alright: I understand. I think it took me 8 years to settle on my living room curtains. Or maybe that was the kitchen ones. I only wanted to get something I would REALLY like. :rolleyes:
After I find a comforter then I have to find curtains that match. :bawling2:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
After I find a comforter then I have to find curtains that match. :bawling2:
:alright::grouphug2:

I hope you can do it all at once. I got our bedroom curtains but didn't buy the matching comforter because we didn't need one. Then we upgraded to the king and I couldn't find anything that matched the curtains. :lol: