Manx Or Bob Tailed Kitties:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love her tail!!!

Nick’s fur is not that fluffy so his new Manx cat tail will be sleek when his fur grows back. He ‘wags’ it a lot, I think he is not quite used to it yet. Plus it wags when he would normal flick his old long tail.

Sonatine

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Amelia's had a short tail for all her life, I think, and hers wags too, when she's excited. She can't really pull off the tail lash, just not enough bones. So it wags when she's worked up and it's absolutely adorable.

Now that I think about it, it makes her "tail language" different from other cats, something I didn't really think about until I got another cat with a very long tail (which, in a stroke of irony, Amelia absolutely loves to play with). But the basic posture is still the same, even if she can't really twitch the tip or anything, and I never have trouble distinguishing between playful wagging and irritable wagging.

Cats are so adaptable, so I'm sure that Nick will adjust in no time!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, I've got lots of bob-tail kitties!

:heartshape::heartshape::heartshape::heartshape::heartshape::heartshape:

This is Fergus, a semi-feral cat I feed.
Fergus7.jpg
Heidi has a little corkscrew tail
Heidi3.jpg
Jiro is a bob-tail.
Jiro28.jpg
Sophie has a 3/4 tail
Sophie4.jpg

Toby has a short, twisty tail.
Toby41.jpg

These kinds of tails are very common in Japan. Even my long tailed kitties have bends and twists in their tails.

They are so cute though, I love bob tails.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This handsome fellow is a cat I had in the 1990s... when he was born, his mother was a little too enthusiastic in trimming his umbilical cord, and took off the end of his tail, too. Cats can have short tails for many reasons!

John Wayne.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Engine4154 Bugs looks like a sweetheart!!! I think I now know what Nick’s tail is going to look like when his fur grows back! If his tail looks like Bug’s tail then he will be even cuter!