Managing EGC in cats, what worked for you?

Jen Condit

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi kitty parents! My girl Luna, who is about 3 years old, is suspected to have EGC. She's had a swollen bottom lip 4x since adopting her 1.5 years ago, which until now has gone away on it's own. This last one was pretty bad, so today the vet gave her .5ml of an antibiotic and .8ml off a steroid.

The vet wants us to try a restricted diet to see if it's a food allergy. She recommends Hills D/D which is out of stock everywhere online and super expensive! I am willing to try it (Luna likes wet food, not dry) but wanted to check in with other kitty parents and see if anyone has had success with other brands.

From reading various posts, it's really hard to pinpoint what my girl can be allergic to and this is going to be a long journey! She only eats out of stainless steel bowls and gets a monthly flea treatment so we are going to try the food route next...

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Luna Condit.jpg Luna 2.jpg

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you tried switching her from the stainless to ceramic? It would be an odd thing to be allergic to but I guess it could happen.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jen Condit

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Have you tried switching her from the stainless to ceramic? It would be an odd thing to be allergic to but I guess it could happen.
Hmmm. Maybe I will try ceramic. Thanks!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Finger crossed that it’s the bowl. I know people can be allergic to stainless because of the nickel in it so I would imagine cats can be too.