Mama cat took off!

cmarie29

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Mama cat just darted our the door as I opened it, her babies are only 1.5 weeks old.
She has got out 2 times before and both times has been gone for several days.
Will she come back for her kittens??
And if she doesn’t what can I give them in an emergency?!
Everything is closed thanks to covid 19
if I can find milk replacer at all it wouldn’t be till tomorrow
Help!

Celticmum

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think she will come back, have you any nice food for her as a treat she can not resist like ham or chicken or fish and try calling her back in.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mama cat just darted our the door as I opened it, her babies are only 1.5 weeks old.
She has got out 2 times before and both times has been gone for several days.
Will she come back for her kittens??
And if she doesn’t what can I give them in an emergency?!
Everything is closed thanks to covid 19
if I can find milk replacer at all it wouldn’t be till tomorrow
Help!
Goat milk will do in a pinch.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please do not let her outside at all and just watch for her so she doesn't door dart. She's probably in heat again. Make sure to get her spayed as soon as the kitten at 8 weeks old!

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
C cmarie29 What do you have at home in the way of ingredients you can use? Most kitten glop recipes I've seen call for either goat's milk or evaporated milk (not condensed) and other ingredients that most people don't have around.

Do you have any wet (canned) cat food? Pate would work best but basically any food that can be put in a blender and add enough water to make thin enough for the kittens to drink from a bottle. If you don't have kitten bottles you can use an eyedropper or needleless syringe you might have gotten with liquid medications.

Has mom come back yet? If not, you need to start feeding the kittens every 2-3 hours.