Mama cat that hates jumping?

lauraloulouie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Anyone ever had a cat that just hates being on any surface other than the floor? We took in a pregnant stray about eight weeks ago; since we've had her she has not wanted to jump up on anything in the house. Her kittens are now at the age where they're exploring the whole house and they love to hang out on the bed, couch, etc., but she gets agitated when they are not on the floor with her, even if she can see they are safe.

I have seen her jump when she really wants to (i.e. if there is some kind of delicious food involved, or she just can't get her kittens to come down to her level after a lot of meowing at them), and she doesn't seem to be in any pain from doing so or find it physically difficult. It's not a problem exactly, just... weird. Anyone met a cat like this?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Not all cats are jumpers. I have one who is like this. How old are the kittens now and how many are there? Do you plan to spay the mom now?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lauraloulouie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There are four kittens; they are eight weeks old now and yes mom will be getting spayed soon (as will the kittens when it is time). They started out as a foster family but we fell in love so are adopting mom and two babies, and my in-laws are adopting the other two. Giant foster fail :)