Male or Female?

Cadillacmatt87

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all,

We have decided to adopt a stray from our neighborhood after feeding him (or her) for a month or so. We have a loving home with a dog and cat to keep him company, however in between now and the vet appointment at Banfield next week I’m hoping to determine the sex (a lot more difficult than on a dog I tell you) and the long hair makes it worse.

Understandably it was difficult to get a good view of the cat down there but I took as good of a video as I could 😂

Honestly we thought he was male at first but looking at this video more and more I’m starting to change my mind!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.. thanks!!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
We have decided to adopt a stray from our neighborhood after feeding him (or her) for a month or so.
:hellosmiley: and welcome to TCS!

Thank you for taking in this kitty and for giving her a warm and fur-ever loving home and a safe sanctuary to live out her life :clapcat:

After viewing the video, looks like a gal to me, but please wait a little for experts to confirm.

kitten_gender.gif

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's kind of a quickie video but yeah, I think it's a girl.

If she hasn't been spayed she's probably pregnant (or nursing but you probably would have noticed that), so be prepared.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I also think female. It is wonderful that you have decided to help this girl. I have been there as well, with the iPhone under the cat's bum trying to figure it out.