Male Cat Missing For Two Weeks :(

milolicious

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat usually sleeps and plays at home, but sometimes he goes out for a few hours and come back eventually. The longest time that he didn't go home was 3 days, I was worried sick but was happy that he came back. Recently, he went out and still hasn't come back home and it's been almost two weeks. We have a neighbor that has a female cat that my cat courts but he isn't there. It's been so long and I'm really worried. I'll still be checking the neighborhood for any signs (I'm a student so I can't find time in daylight to search :( )

We decided to get a female cat (even before my cat went missing). My question is, will my cat smell the new female cat when I bring her home? Will he able to smell her and maybe come back?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Is he neutered?

Intact tom cats will wander for miles to look for a mate. If the female cat in your neighbourhood isn't in heat or is already pregnant he will leave to look for other female cats. Bringing home another female cat to be his girlfriend won't make any difference. Cats aren't monogamous, male cats will mate with every female they come across and father hundreds of kittens in a year.

The only way you can keep him safe and not add to the number of feral and unwanted kittens in the world is to get him fixed. Please get him neutered as soon as he comes back.

Why You Should Spay And Neuter Your Cats