Male Cat And 3 Week Old Kittens

lxvtf

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey, So i have to indoor cats. A male seal point ragdoll and a female white cat. He has been perfectly fine with kittens, just watching over them since the birth. No aggressive behavior whats so ever. He has also been cuddling our female cat while nursing and sort watching over them well she has been nursing.
The kittens have started to explore their surroundings a bit more over the past two days, and our male cats has started to pat them when they get close to one the cats toys or he is just trying to play with kittens. Should i be worried if he is going to try to kill one the kittens? its kind of hard to tell if he is playing to rough.

p.s. I probably have the most passive cats you'll ever meet. male cat is a basically a teddy bear but obviously he still has his balls. hence why im unsure.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Im not sure what its you describe about his behavior.

But as he has so far been friendly to both momma and kittens, there is no danger he will seriously attack the kittens.

Accidents MAY happen if he plays too roughly, but no evil meant harm no.

You know there is the danger of a new impregnating? Humans are somewhat protected by nursing (not 100% but clearly better than nothing), but not cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lxvtf

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Im not sure what its you describe about his behavior.

But as he has so far been friendly to both momma and kittens, there is no danger he will seriously attack the kittens.

Accidents MAY happen if he plays too roughly, but no evil meant harm no.

You know there is the danger of a new impregnating? Humans are somewhat protected by nursing (not 100% but clearly better than nothing), but not cats.
Thank you for your answer, yeah i am aware of her getting pregnant again too quickly. We only allow them to be in the same room as each other if me or my partner are home to supervise. planning to get him spayed next month. would have been sooner but January is becoming an only buy what is essentially month.