Maine coon

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok so Sylvester my darling has dry skin and I wanna help clear it up he was a outdoor barn cat she’s going to shave him in the summer but what can I do to help him get rid of his dry skin and what is a good brush for Maine coons

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
He’s not matted thank god but would it bother his dry skin I don’t want him to think I’m mean he’s obsessed with me I have made a good rapport with him

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Most cats enjoy being groomed. Introduce the comb slowly and make sure he's ok with it. Try giving some treats at first so he associates good things with it. The combing is pretty gentle when there are no mats involved. If he likes being pet, he'd probably like being combed.

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
What’s his diet like? Poor diet lacking in omegas or triggering allergy (if he’s itchy) are the most likely causes of dandruff, assuming he’s already been treated for external parasites.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
He eats dry food and some wet food but mostly dry I’ll sneak him raw food if that will help to help him out but he’s so use dry food though I just need to know what is good to get to help his skin