Maine Coon Kitten Coat

Leozdad

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Greetings
My mc kitten is 17 weeks in this picture. Does her fur look about right for this aged kitten or is it a bit short for a mc kitten? Will it eventually grow her mane and fluffy tail?
Thanks
Leozdad
FB_IMG_1514727519740.jpg

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi Leozdad,

I have Maine coons :D 7 of them :lol:

Your kitten is gorgeous. I love blue cats :loveeyes:

Her fur is completely normal for her age. She still has her kitten fluff & her adult coat will not come in until she is about 6 months plus. The breed is very late at maturing, up to 4 years before they are fully grown. She should have her fluffy tail by about a year old but the mane/ruff is always the last to grow - anywhere between 1 to 2 years old normally before that starts to fully come in

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Leozdad

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the info. I was worried about her coat not being right

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful cat. Appears to have extraordinarily long legs. Or that might be a trick of the photograph perspective.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Leozdad

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Beautiful cat. Appears to have extraordinarily long legs. Or that might be a trick of the photograph perspective.
Here' a better pic
Screenshot_20180108-132111.png

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had only one pure bred cat. A neighbor gave me her Himalayan, out of fear it might bite her toddler. I think she was just as tired of the cat. Very sweet cat. I would like to get a Maine Coon and an Abyssinian. The most affectionate cat I ever had was what appeared to be a half Abyssinian female. adopted her from a volunteer rescue group. Half the time she treated me like I was her kitten, the other half like she was my kitten.