MAD! Why I really can't stand most people!

nekoha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Some people are so incredibly stupid! Sometimes I truly hate Facebook, too, but it helps me stay in touch with all of my friends back in the States, so I put up with it!

As for pets + kids - I much prefer pets, myself. I think the saddest story ever is a kid who is deprived of pets! My husband wasn't allowed pets growing up because his parents wanted to "spare him the pain of losing a pet"!!! Give me a break! Fortunately, he turned out all right, and is now an avid pet lover himself!!

So sorry that you had to put up with stupid people - it really shocks me how many of them there are out there!
But, my husband always tells me (when I am being intolerant) "Just remember, you are ONE OF THEM to someone out there"!!

As to giving up a pet, it wouldn't happen here. It was so difficult for us to be separated from our babies for 2.5 years, but in the end we were able to bring them to Japan, and it is honestly the best thing we have ever done - for them, and for us!!
Poor Shaggy - I hope he can find a home, or that this stupid woman wises up before she makes such a huge mistake!

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emrldsky

I do worry about the boys climbing into the crib with our upcoming bundle of joy, but DH and I have talked EXTENSIVELY on what we can do to prevent it.

We're going to install screen doors to the nursery (there are two entrances), no bassients or cradles in our bedroom no matter how convenient it might be at night, and only supervised kitty and baby interactions.

I'm still trying to work out how to keep the boys out of a playpen, but we'll figure it out.
Condensed your post a bit, emrldsky; hope you don't mind.
The screen door option was the first thing I thought of to keep the cat from the baby's room. I think it's a great idea.
And about the cat drinking from the toilet---our cats loved to drop their toys in the toilet. Our solution? Put the lid down. Duh.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Winchester

I'd be upset, too, Kailie. Poor Shaggy.

When my son was born, my mother insisted on taking Peanut Butter (our orange tiger) home because she was afraid that he would "steal" the baby's breath while he was in his crib.....old wives tales die hard. She said I could have him back when our son got older.

I gave in and she took PB. Only to give him to one of her friends! I went to visit, just a day or two later, and Peanut Butter wasn't anywhere around. I asked Mom what happened and she told me right out that she didn't want "that cat". But she didn't think it was safe to have "that cat" around the baby either.

So I told her that she had 24 hours to get Peanut Butter back or else. The next morning Mom came over with "that cat" in tow. And he lived with us for many years. I never knew him to get into our son's crib, but I do remember finding him sleeping beneath the crib on the floor. (I put a heavy blanket on the floor....if he was going to sleep there, he might as well be comfy, I guess.)
Sounds like my mom.

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have to agree with Butzie.

When my girls were babies- we had 2 cats- Mistoflees and Tigger. Both were wonderful around the babies. Mistoflees would get into the crib and sleep with them. He also LOVED baby food
Tigger was more skittish- but he was usually good around the kids. He did start peeing on my dtr's bed. I have no idea why- and we were trying to work on the problem when he died suddenly (I think a car hit him)

We now have 2 cats- Sneaky Pie and HollyHeart. I think Holly would be fine around kids- she just loves attention. Sneaky is a whole other story. First of all- I think there's some other health issue going on b/c she has been a total grump for the last 6 months. Hissing at everything in sight. Growling when you pet her at times. Some of it I think has to do with the fact that Holly wants to be her BFF and Sneaky's over it.

But if she's like that around us- I'd worry about her around little kids. Yes- we did get her when the girls were still fairly young- my youngest was about 4. Thank heavens that we don't have any friends that have little kids anymore- because I'd probably have to shut Sneaky in the garage- I just don't trust her. And little kids can be impulsive at time. So can teenagers, but normally if you tell them the cat's a grump and you need to leave her alone they do.

Cheryl

snickerdoodle

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
LOL. That's what I thought as well. "Put the toilet lid down!"

Some people just get my goat as well. I have a friend of a friend who was fostering a rather large dog. She didn't know how to feed him properly (TOO little), she yelled at the poor guy when he would jump up on someone's belly to greet them with his front paws, she was just horrible with him. I thought, how in the world can you foster an animal if you don't have crud for experience? And SHE has a 2-3 year old son in the house, who I'd figure would get knocked down by such a large dog. He was very sweet and friendly but wouldn't you know it, within a week she'd taken to facebook complaining about the poor dog.

Some people are all for drama I think and want attention, and it's disgusting. You did a lot better than I would've, because I let my friends have it when they talk about putting an animal down or letting one suffer. One in particular keeps unfortunately being given hens and roosters and for some reason can't say no, and now one of them has a huge hole in its skull from being pecked by the others. No vet. No nothing. Just "I guess he's gonna die."

Really sad. I'm glad you tried though, but not everyone can be helped.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by libby74

And about the cat drinking from the toilet---our cats loved to drop their toys in the toilet. Our solution? Put the lid down. Duh.
Keep the bathroom door shut too.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There will always be people who should not have animals to begin with and it angers me as well.

I get angry with people who give up animals for silly reasons too. It also irks me that folks will say they cannot afford to get an animal neutered or pay for a vet when it is sick and then turn around and get another animal that they cannot afford. I would refuse to adopt to people like that.

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would have told her to get rid of the baby, the cat was there first! (And this was meant as a sarcastic comment). Really, I have hard time keeping my mouth shut these days, pain makes me rude=honest..

Poor child, I wonder if it will be thrown out if they ever get another one, you know how dangerous kids can be to babies!!

Yeah, I don't like people (of any age).