Lynx Point Coloration?

mickeyblueeyesmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Meet Mickey Blue Eyes. I know he's a lynx pointed colorpoint because he was completely white when he was born and his parents were a female colorpoint and male tabby, but with him being a second generation, he's a bit more patterned than most. My question is what color is he? His colors basically are various shades of silver and chocolate. Is his coloring too varied to be a single point color? I have looked at countless pictures and I can't seem to say, "Yea that's definitely it." My best guess would be Seal/Silver but I would appreciate if anyone has any other thoughts or if that is what you believe he is.
20201211_164347.jpg
20201211_164356.jpg

This last picture I don't know why his eyes look Grey, but he actually has very piercing blue eyes
MickeySmall.jpg

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's such a handsome fellow!

I would describe him as a seal lynx point (tabby point) domestic shorthair. He has a classic tabby pattern, which has a tendency to appear darker and bolder than mackerel or spotted tabby patterns. Seal lynx point cats have blackish brown stripes at the points, and lighter brownish stripes on the body.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mickeyblueeyesmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He's such a handsome fellow!

I would describe him as a seal lynx point (tabby point) domestic shorthair. He has a classic tabby pattern, which has a tendency to appear darker and bolder than mackerel or spotted tabby patterns. Seal lynx point cats have blackish brown stripes at the points, and lighter brownish stripes on the body.
Thank you lutece for the explanation. That was exactly what I was looking for because a lot of the websites descriptions of color patterns overlap and/or contradict themselves. You hit the nail on the head, his pointed area colors are shades of black and his body pattern colors go from dark brown to a few that are an almost orangey light brown. Thanks to you, I am now less confused :)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Thank you lutece for the explanation. That was exactly what I was looking for because a lot of the websites descriptions of color patterns overlap and/or contradict themselves. You hit the nail on the head, his pointed area colors are shades of black and his body pattern colors go from dark brown to a few that are an almost orangey light brown. Thanks to you, I am now less confused :)
What color are the eyes? Blue / bluish? Should be.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If the eyes arent bluish - next question would be, how soon did he darkened up to be such a darkish cat? Already as a young kitten? You told he was white as newborn. But how soon did he darkened up?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mickeyblueeyesmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If the eyes arent bluish - next question would be, how soon did he darkened up to be such a darkish cat? Already as a young kitten? You told he was white as newborn. But how soon did he darkened up?
He started to darken a little after turning a year old during his first winter. (we live in a very cold winter climate)