Luna's Story!

LunaGirlsMummy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there. I'm new here but have been reading for a while now and decided to make a post as my heavily pregnant cat is confusing me. She will be 2 years old in January and is a standard english tabby we took her in after she befriended my 3 year old daughter in the back garden. She came around everyday to sit on the trampoline with her (she was either very lonely or was lost) we did take her to the vets but she wasn't chipped and said she was around 5 months old. instead of her going to a shelter we took her in. She never not once in the year we have had her had a season not that I know of anyway she has never called or meowed or gone frisky! She basically just hung around my daughter all day everyday. Now here comes the dilemma! On the 17th of May she began calling and rubbing allover everything in the house. I new she was in season so I kept her in the house with a litter tray and she was doing great! Loved every minute of being in and then on the 22nd I had to work a long shift so my partner had to pick up my daughter from school and basically she got out! He rang me in a panic and said she was going mental in the hallway and knocked over plants and lamps! He said he literally fought her and she clawed him and ran out the door before he could shut it, I will give him points for searching the street and the field at the bottom of our road but no luck. I came home around 7pm and called her and looked still no sign then I was putting some rubbish out and seen her in the road with a big ginger fluffy Tom on top of her! I ran over screaming and shouting and he ran off! I grabbed her and brought her back in! I couldn't believe it I was in shock from all the drama. After trying so hard to prevent it still happend and thought OK we have a large family and after telling a few they said they would have a kitten so after 2 weeks we had 4 homes lined up for these kittens and we would keep the rest if she had any more. At 5 weeks I thought hmm she isn't showing and her nips seem normal so I thought she maybe just missed the breeding and everything will be fine. Booked an appointment to get her spayed the week after and he refused. She was pregnant after all. So now we are exactly 9 weeks today since that crazy mating day and she is huge! Kittens are moving and can see them very clear. She had nesting behaviour yesterday evening but it didn't continue. Today she is just sleeping and mopin around. She is cuddled up to our frenchie as we speak. She isn't loosing any fluids and is scoffing food still. Her nips are pink but not purple or swollen and definitely not leaking milk. What is going on! Also her tail is cocked up at the base ‍♀ sorry for the massive ramble but I thought I'd share her story to you guys. She is the most loving cat I've ever seen. She absolutely dotes on my little girl and is amazing with other animals. We are blessed to own her. ❤ I have some pics of her but I can't upload them for some reason.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LunaGirlsMummy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I found a picture resizer, this is her today she's massive. Ladt pic is of her tail cocked when she lies on her belly.
rsz_dsc_0794.jpg
rsz_dsc_0793.jpg
rsz_dsc_0796.jpg

LunaGirlsMummy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How do i know when her belly drops? She just has some biscuits and wolfed them down. Then she started digging/scratching down the side of the couch on the carpet not frantically just for a few minutes, she is now asleep on the floor again. Does anybody no why her tail is coked it isn't usually lol

LunaGirlsMummy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We have 5 kittens guys! She went into labour at 6 and had delivered all 5 by 9. The first was breach tail first and took around an hour but all was well once it was out. She wasn't very clued up on what to do but she got the hand of it by the 3rd kitten. She did amazingly, I had to cut the cord of the first 3 after they went cold as I was worried but everything is fine and dandy now. The sheets have been changed and she is currently settling in with her new brood!
DSC_0805_50.jpg
DSC_0804_50.jpg
DSC_0810_50.jpg

LunaGirlsMummy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Update today guys will update every week or so! I took some food and water up to her late last night, I let her eat it in her bed as I didn't want to disturb the kittens from nursing she ate and drank and u left her to it over night. Checked on her this morning and she's doing amazing. She got up and had some more food and I let her have a wonder today as I left the door open for her (she's in our spare room with a huge cat scratcher, toys, litter tray ect ect it's basically lunas bedroom now lol. She was away from the kittens for about 4 mins while she had some biscuits kept in the kitchen while Bear was in the garden. (frenchie and lunas bestie) I think he's lonely he cries alot when he sees her through the patio doors. Poor guy. But she was straight back up there ❤
DSC_9999_50.jpg

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you able to weigh each of the kittens daily? It’s super important to make sure they are each gaining the appropriate amount.

Glad to hear all went well.

LunaGirlsMummy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Are you able to weigh each of the kittens daily? It’s super important to make sure they are each gaining the appropriate amount.

Glad to hear all went well.
I will weight them tonight at 9pm they all look the same atm so I'm not sure il be able to tell them apart for future weigh ins but I will definitely try. It shouldn't be a problem as she trusts me immensely. I can touch and handle them in front of her! She is doing great comes down for half an hour or so when they are sleeping has a munch and she's back with them ❤

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Congratulations - some kitty parents use different color nail polish on claws to tell the babies apart. I've heard parents of multiple identical human children do the same thing with magic markers on the bottom of feet.

LunaGirlsMummy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Congratulations - some kitty parents use different color nail polish on claws to tell the babies apart. I've heard parents of multiple identical human children do the same thing with magic markers on the bottom of feet.
Thankyou that's a good idea with the nail polish may try that. Going to weight them all now and take some pics of each one.

LunaGirlsMummy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thankyou that's a good idea with the nail polish may try that. Going to weight them all now and take some pics of each one.
OK weights are:-
Orange - 107/108
Red - 94/95
Blue - 90
Purple - 106/107
Pink - 94

How do there weights sound? And how much should they put on roughly in 24 hours. Blue is definitely my main focus followed by pink and red

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Weights are okay - a bit on the smaller side.

Kittens should gain 6-10 grams or more apiece each day.

They are getting colostrum the first day or two. Once milk comes in they usually begin to gain faster.

She is lovely! :)

LunaGirlsMummy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

They are getting colostrum the first day or two. Once milk comes in they usually begin to gain faster.

Thankyou she is currently sniggled next to me on the couch while I sip a cup of tea lol she loves the extra attention! I will keep an eye on the weights for sure. They are only just 24 hours old so hopefully we will have some lovely weight increases soon. Thanks for all the help and advice

LunaGirlsMummy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

OK I have a massive problem guys need urgent responses. Lunas been crying alot as she has moved them under my daughters bed a couple of days ago I panicked and moved them back she seemed content since but tonight she brought one downstairs into the living room now I'm thinking she doesnt want to be alone anymore in the box room. I put him back and she went nuts and grabbed him and snuggled on my daughters bed with him. I moved him back and she did the same think again the same kitten. Sooo I moved the box of the other 4 kittens into my daughters room and she grabbed the one she had on the bed and put him in the box with the others and snuggled up with them nursing them. So obviously she wants them in my daughters room as this is where she is usually every night before she had the kittens. The problem is my daughter is only 3 nearly 4 and is very intrigued by the kittens and doesn't really leave them alone. However luna does let my daughter touch them and she has even held one in front of her and she doesn't seem to mind at all. I'm very worried though about them being in her room full stop! What do I do guys I want luna to be comfortable but I want to be able to rest easy without worrying what my daughter is doing to them...

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
That would be my suggestion too.