Lumps in cats~sebaceous cysts

eellorac

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
After being told by the vet that since those small lumps in my cat’s eye corner are just sebaceous cysts and the only possible treatment is surgical removal( not really recommended by the vet since those small lumps didn't seem bothering my cat much, it just bothers me since they keep reoccurring on different areas of my cat's face )I did some research about the term sebaceous cyst. They appear due to blockage of hair follicles near the sebaceous gland and one of the reasons could be excessive secretion of sebum. After knowing that it is also common in humans at the back of the upper arm, I began to look for products that could treat them. Then I recalled seeing a cream from Japan (see the photo)for treating upper arm spots. I applied them on the cysts and it works. I would recommend this. It is called BE CURA PORE CARE OINTMENT.

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you know what the ingredients are? I'm sure there will be those that want to know. Thank you so much for letting us know something that helps with this, it is good to know from someone who has tried it!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. You mentioned that these cysts are in the corners of your cat's eye, but later mentioned they appear in various other places on his face. Are they mostly near the eyes - where they could be caused by tear drainage from the eye that is clogging those particular pores? If so, I would ask the vet about that aspect as there may be eye drops that can be used to lessen the drainage and reduce the formulation of cysts.

Also, consider asking your vet for a recommendation of some safe medicated shampoos you might try using to clean the area where the cysts occur. I wouldn't use anything unless you know the ingredients and can verify with your vet that it is safe to apply to your cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eellorac

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Do you know what the ingredients are? I'm sure there will be those that want to know. Thank you so much for letting us know something that helps with this, it is good to know from someone who has tried it!
20%urea

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eellorac

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi. You mentioned that these cysts are in the corners of your cat's eye, but later mentioned they appear in various other places on his face. Are they mostly near the eyes - where they could be caused by tear drainage from the eye that is clogging those particular pores? If so, I would ask the vet about that aspect as there may be eye drops that can be used to lessen the drainage and reduce the formulation of cysts.

Also, consider asking your vet for a recommendation of some safe medicated shampoos you might try using to clean the area where the cysts occur. I wouldn't use anything unless you know the ingredients and can verify with your vet that it is safe to apply to your cat.
well actually not really in the corner of the eye but between the eye and the ear..u know...the part with least fur. but these lumps sometimes harden and they also appear on the forehead. Well the cream has action to soften keratinised layer and it does not have anything harmful because the active ingredient is urea.