Lump On Bottom Lip

laurcapp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
E60D2B67-8B62-495F-9EEA-002B08A3AC0A.jpeg
DBE779AD-DA33-4837-BB67-7953E45BDA8D.jpeg
My kitten is 9 months old. He was abandoned in a state park and I took him in when he was only 4 weeks. He is up to date on all of his shots, neutered, all the works. He was recently diagnosed with stomatitis and the vet gave me oral gel to put in his mouth once a day and I also bought a water additive on Chewy.com to help with plaque. I’ve been using this combo for about 2 months and it seems to have brought some of his gum swelling down. I was hoping to get his teeth cleaned around November/December when I save up enough for it. The vet said he is a good candidate for teeth cleaning without anesthesia so it should be more cost effective for me. This morning when I woke up he seemed very normal and all of the sudden almost out of no where this bump appeared on his bottom lip. I swear one minute it wasn’t there and the next minute it was. He doesn’t seem bothered by it at all he’s been eating normally all day, cleaning himself, and I gave him a bath in the tub. I’m not sure if it is a result of his stomatitis or maybe some kind of allergic reaction or bug bite to something. It hasn’t seemed to get any bigger throughout the day. I’ve seen some people talking about using Benadryl to reduce swelling so I might try that and hope it goes down. If it doesn’t in a few days I’ll have to take him to the vet. Has anyone seen something like this before and have any advice of what could be causing it/how to manage??

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Try the benadryl, but do research the proper dosages. I have no clue. IF it gets larger, or discolored, take him in without question, sooner rather than later. I've seen all sorts of lumps and bumps on cat lips, and they can be caused by all SORTS of things, from the simple to the very complex. The vet is the only person who can give you a definitive answer, unfortunately!

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That looks like a rodent ulcer (not related to rodents at all). He needs to get to the vet for some meds.