Lump on 5month Kittens Lip

Angelina Nacho

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
A lump on my Kittens lip has appeared over the last few days. He has been teething and lost a tooth today so unsure if its unrelated though he is a happy playful kitty and doesn't hurt him though it looks odd as the colour is different then other photos I have seen. Does anyone know what this is? Also he has a lazy eye now and then so agin unsure if its unrelated. Has anyone seen anything similar to this as I am unsure if its serious or not?

Attachments

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
:hellosmiley: and welcome to TCS!

Is your kitten eating off a plastic or rubber dish? If your kitten is otherwise healthy, it looks like a rodent ulcer and is a likely cause if your kitten is eating from the mentioned dish as chemicals in these utensils tends to cause rodent ulcers. Other than that, an ill health may trigger it too.

And also plastic and rubber products tends to harbor bacteria in the cracks.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Angelina Nacho

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you Tabby Tom,

No, I don't like plastics in my place cause of the chemicals. Both my dog and Cat eat and drink out of Ceramic and metal bowls only. But we did stay at friends last week and he ate off plastic once.

He chews on a lot of things like my sliding door mirrors and my bike and his wooden cat scratcher. He chews on things a bit, I always stop him from most things that arent his cat scratcher though he is such a curious kitten he puts everything in his mouth or just plays with it.

Floor cleaner is organic and animal friendly.

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Thank you Tabby Tom,

No, I don't like plastics in my place cause of the chemicals. Both my dog and Cat eat and drink out of Ceramic and metal bowls only. But we did stay at friends last week and he ate off plastic once.

He chews on a lot of things like my sliding door mirrors and my bike and his wooden cat scratcher. He chews on things a bit, I always stop him from most things that arent his cat scratcher though he is such a curious kitten he puts everything in his mouth or just plays with it.

Floor cleaner is organic and animal friendly.
B23897A4-51D3-4BD3-9BCF-7803C930DEA6$L0$001~photo.GIF

That's good to hear that they drink and eat out of ceramic and metal bowls and I hope it's good quality stainless steel bowls. Also, for ceramic and porcelain bowls and plates, best is to at the end of the day or once a day whichever is more convenient to you, soak them in hot water. This is to kill off any bacteria that is harboring in the micro cracks that are not visible to the eyes. As for plastic and rubber products, you can't use hot water to rise them and therefore it harbors lots of bacteria.

Also if you can, wipe your cat's mouth after each time he eats or drink so that food remains or debris won't get lodged on the chin.

Yes, as I mentioned earlier, if there is no ill health, feline chin acne can come from other places like chewing on things that have chemicals in them as the chemical leached out slowly and dissolved when bitten or scratched.

The other thing with organic or pet safe stuffs, just use with caution.

Angelina Nacho

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks yes, I do clean my pets bowls properly 😊

Will it go away on its own?

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Thanks yes, I do clean my pets bowls properly 😊

Will it go away on its own?
Good to hear you have good hygiene practice for your cat.

The feline chin acne should away by it's own if it's not serious or infected and with proper hygiene like daily cleaning of food and water bowls and clearing off left over food and cleaning of the mouth and chin after eating and drinking, will help the sore to heal faster.

Angelina Nacho

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
And yes everything I use is good quality. It is an organic household with no plastics and bad chemicals, cleaning is over and beyond so I know thats not the cause. We dont live in a dump.

I will wipe my cats face after eating and hopefully that helps.

Theres always caution with any chemical or cleaning product.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Angelina Nacho Angelina Nacho Hi! Welcome.

It might go away on its own or it might not.

When I was using a certain kind of dishsoap, Magnus developed it. When I switched to a different one, he stopped. Both were considered natural products.

With natural products there's always the concern that some of the ingredients like essential oils are toxic to cats.

Cardboard and craft paper are good chew deterrants. You can provide them to your cat for safe chewing.

Angelina Nacho

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes thanks, I know whats toxic to Cats, I wouldn't of gotten him without doing research first.he has cardboard boxes and stuff everywhere he is allowed to play with. Im doing everything right. Thanks. Its gone away on its own today which is good.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yes thanks, I know whats toxic to Cats, I wouldn't of gotten him without doing research first.he has cardboard boxes and stuff everywhere he is allowed to play with. Im doing everything right. Thanks. Its gone away on its own today which is good.
There's lots of people and bazillions of products. Even experienced pet owners can have oversights. No judgement, just brainstorming.