Lucky's Bumps

Midget's Mom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Can anyone tell me what's going on with Lucky? He started getting bumps on his body several years ago, and some have gotten quite large. I asked the vet about them; she seemed unconcerned but offered to remove them for $450. 🙄 I'm concerned they might burst or one of the other cats might stick a claw in one. Thanks for any insight!
20221213_143053.jpg

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Did the Vet say what they are? Many cats develop growths as they age (like skin tags), but I've never seen them and wouldn't think they would continue to grow like this. Have you gotten a second opinion. At minimum, I would ask the Vet what exactly these are so we can then see if anyone here is familiar with them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Midget's Mom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She couldn't diagnose without doing a biopsy - probably part of the $450. I had hoped someone here might have had experience with bumps like this.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I would have thought the vet could do a fine needle aspiration - drawing out some of the cells via a needle inserted into one of the bumps - to have the tissue analyzed before a full-blown biopsy would be needed. Maybe this is more 'up the alley' of a vet who specializes in dermatology?

Verify what the vet is calling a biopsy - it may be what I am referring to above. Although, $450 seems steep for an aspirate and analysis, that might be just what it costs in your area.