Lots of Noises

Gmarie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello!

I have a 4 month old cat, Quill. I noticed right after we got him that whenever he jumps/ lands he makes these little noises. Sort of like what we would make after jumping a few steps or the like. It doesn't matter the height, the purpose behind the movement, or how fast he goes. I can never remember a time that he didn't grunt. I started thinking that possibly his bones/muscles might be in pain and the jumping aggravates it. That, or he is just a vocal boy. We have a vet appointment scheduled for other purposes and I'll bring it up then, but I would love to hear someone else's opinion in the mean time. Thanks!

Remi&RiRi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi! My boy cat never makes noises when he jumps but my girl will makes noises jumping/moving all the time. I'm not exactly sure why but I think its just because she's more vocal. She's been doing it ever since we got her and she's just fine. It will be interesting to see what the vet says but I'm sure it just depends on the cat. Best wishes :)

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
This could be a characteristic of your baby, but checking with the vet, especially at his age, is a good idea. I have had cats who made all sorts of noises which never amounted to a medical condition. How far is he jumping and landing?

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
but I would love to hear someone else's opinion in the mean time. Thanks!
Sounds normal to me. My makes a loud 'meowed' sound like 'whoa' or 'pheeew' in our hooman language each time he jumps down from a height. As long as your cat don't look injured or in pain after that, I won't worry. It's just them.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a boy that does this he's done it from day one. He's very vocal and tells us when he jumps up or down, normally by trilling but sometimes if he's pushing himself with a bigger leap he'll grunt on landing.