Losing The Bond With My Kitten

Isphie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,

I've reserved a kitten from a mother and father (been waiting a little over a year) and I will be picking her up sometime in September.

I've been asked to go overseas this upcoming December for 3 months, and so I will only have TWO months to interact with my kitten. While I'm gone my mother would look after the kitten as she lives nearby and they have a very welcoming home.

All together, it will be three months the kitten with their original owners, two months with me, and three with my mother.

I'm not sure what to do, or if I could ask the owners to hold onto her for a total of eight months. . .

How much of a problem will this be, bonding with my kitten? Am I making a mistake and should I wait another year? I am very serious about my bond with my kitten, as i expect her to be part of my family for a very long time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Isphie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
By the way, the breed is a Siberian Forest Cat.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That breed, although granting that every cat is different, is resilient and I think that when your cat is with you full time, will bond with you.
You could talk with the owners. It would be good to know what they think in general and also what they think about the feline parents personalities and how that may come out in the kitten.