Losing 2 Beloved Cats In 3 Days

TN cat momma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm so glad I found TheCatSite to communicate with and get advice from fellow cat lovers. I unexpectedly lost my 8 1/2 year old cat Crews on 12/27/17. He was originally diagnosed as being poisoned, had a blood transfusion and seemed to make a full recovery. 6 weeks later he was sick again. The clinic said he was misdiagnosed and had cancer or an autoimmune disease that made his body attack it's own red blood cells. He was suffering and had to be helped across The Rainbow Bridge. Tonight as I type this my 18+ cat Pretty Kitty is lying on my lap where she insisted on being and is starting her journey to cross The Rainbow Bridge too. I feel so helpless and heartbroken. I knew Pretty would make this journey soon. Crews was an unexpected shock. As much as it hurts I will always hold them and be there for them as they cross. It is good to know I've joined a community that understands the loss of our beloved cats and the grief that follows. My 18th wedding anniversary is New Year's Eve. I will celebrate with my husband, both of us saddened by the loss of our furry family members and hope for a happy 2018. I hope everyone has a happy 2018 as well and sympathize with those suffering from grief and loss as we transition to the new year.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so sorry that you are going through this. I lost two of my cats within a few days of each other a few years ago. One had been sick for a long time and had to be PTS. A second cat, who had been a close friend of the first cat, went missing. Losing them both was devastating. I still feel that they went together so as they could keep each other company. They really were that close.

Such a sad way for you and your husband to end the year. I'm glad you have each other. Big hug to you both.

:grouphug2:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My prayers go out to you, the sadness that touches your soul right now is overwhelming. It's so hard to have joy in your heart for this time of the year and for an anniversary when that heart is broken. I hope you can concentrate on that happy occasion and push the sadness to the side for a while, it will always be there..... to lose two in such a short time is a double blow, I really wonder if Pretty Kitty wants to be with her beloved Crews, together again as they were in life.
I hope on that special anniversary you can also celebrate having those two in your life, it was meant to be. They were there with you for a big part of it, Pretty for the whole of your marriage. The bond you have formed with each is incredibly strong, use it and your precious memories of happier times to bring yourself comfort. This bond will never leave you, it is spiritual , so eternal,because it is forged of love. It is a part of your very soul .The path they follow now will forever follow your own life's journey, until the day it passes once more. Time is the only thing that helps to dull the sharp edges of grief, that and the sharing of your burden with those who understand and will offer comfort and a shoulder to cry on.They love you and want you to be happy, not filled with sadness. Just as you would want for them to go on if you were the first to go. Go into the New Year with joy in your heart for sharing your life for a little while with two such wonderful family members. You have a life partner still there who supports you and shares your sorrow, together you will come through this, made stronger by being together at a time you need each other most. Take care of yourself, I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers......RIP dear Crews, and may Pretty Kitty's journey to the Rainbow Bridge be swift, surrounded by the love of your family and filled with the joy of a glorious reunion. You will both be so very missed on this earth, but will be securely held in loving hearts for evermore. May the good Lord bless and keep you both, until you all are together again. Good night, sleep tight, little ones!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Sweet Furry Friends, dream you deep. You walk in your mama's heart forever.

I am so very, very sorry that you have suffered these losses, one after another! There are just no words. Just...Hug.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry that this has happened to you, losing one is horrible but two.....we are all with you in love and prayer in this very difficult time of need.

I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:alright: Condolences on losing Crews and for having to release Pretty Kitty from her earthly trials. They return to the ancestors and those yet to be born - and they will let those future kittens know our quirks and our charms so that someday, once again, that cat-shaped hole in your heart is filled with a cat. :rbheart:

solomonar

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Cats have extremely effective metabolism. That helps them to be so adaptable and adorable companions. This comes at the price of difficult management of the maladies.

However, few decades ago, my grandfather told me that cats live 4-5 years only, and that was true at that time for both indoor and feral cats.

These days cats live much longer and the care is more effective and affectionate. At least that are the circumstances in my home country and I suspect it applies to many other countries.

It is so much pain in loosing a furry companion after 5, 7, 10, 20 years of living together. In fact, it is a lot of pain in any passing by, no mutter the age and the species. Sharing Love for one day or for 20 years, it it is a Gift that counts more than the pain we get when the Beginning (of the Bridge path) shows up . So, nice memories, although mixed with tears is something that in my view we shall value.

Remember we are all mortals.

Milk drops and hugs!

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As much as it hurts I will always hold them and be there for them as they cross.

I think that is the most wonderful gesture and important moment you can share with your companions. Not everyone has the opportunity to do so. I still remember my little girl, motu, slumping in my arms when she made that journey over 2 years ago and im getting a lump in my throat as i write this. But I am very grateful I was able to be there. Being there gave me some comfort, as I think it has and will again for you.

I am sorry for your loss and what you are about to endure. The more we love(d) them, the more it hurts.

In time you may find your life enriched with new furry companions.

My heart was broken, I screamed with rage when my motu passed................but a new day came and greg and arnold make me laugh so much my face hurts.

You will laugh again.