Loose stools on multiple different brands! so confused

mrjackpots

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
*deep breaths*
It's been years of me trying to figure this out and I am truly so confused. I have 3 cats. They've been eating different brands of raw food mainly proteins chicken, turkey, and duck since they were all about 3 months old.
My oldest cat, Mr Jackpots, is 2 1/2. He's been on mainly Darwins and Savage, but I've tried other brands of raw. He is a total scrounge and will eat anything. No matter what, his stools have always always been the dream raw food poops! Every few days, firm, small, and odorless.
My girl cat, Knives, is 2. On Darwins and other brands, her poop is soft and not fully firm. On Savage- she has perfect poops.
My youngest cat, Papa Gator, is 1. No matter what protein on Darwins, he had full sludge poops. Super smelly and runny. Savage raw-perfect poops!
The problem? Savage is triple as expensive as the other brands even without shipping!

So I just switched everyone over to Viva Raw because I like that they offer chunks, it's affordable, and hoping it will make everyone have the dream Savage raw poops. Knives finally has perfect poops on Viva! Just like Savage! Hurray!
Mr jackpots- who has never ever ever had a problem- full sludge zero firmness pooping 3 times a day and super smelly on Viva.
Papa Gator- more firm than Darwins, but still soft not fully firm poops on viva. Very soft and gooey.

SIGHS. I know this is like a ridiculous riddle. What is going on?? I've attached photos for the nutritional analysis for VIVA and Savage. They are both 80/10/10.
They've all been to the vet multiple times and they are perfectly healthy. I am ruling out allergies because again, Savage all proteins they are perfect. They drink Berkey filtered water and I add some to all their meals. I just don't understand how they are all perfect on Savage and some are good on some brands and some are bad etc etc. It makes no sense! Hoping someone can solve this! Thanks everyone!

Attachments

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Some cats cannot eat raw. He may be one of them. Experiment with canned food

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe he needs a slow transition. Or allergic to something including ingredients. My cat Maggie does not like raw and throws up poultry. My other 2 have no problem except peaches needs small servings. It could also be the ingredients. Peaches cannot eat food with added moisture.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cats can be weird. They can do just fine on one brand but a different brand can upset the tummy and cause issues :dunno: It can be one of the ingredients in the food. Have you compared the ingredients of Savage with Viva to see what the differences are?

You can try adding a probiotic to each cat's serving of food to see if that helps.