Looking For Some Reassurance/confirmation

KarlaD85

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,
So 2 weeks ago i took in a local pregnant cat (someone in the village up the road told someone else that i used to foster and I'm a soft touch! ). I've fostered pregnant queens before (more than 10 years ago tho) and I'm fairly confident I'm right, however....as it's been a while i wanted some other opinions.
This queen came to me and i was told she was just 4 weeks pregnant max. She was only just visibly pregnant, still small, pink nipples but again, still small. She had been eating massively but in the last 3 days has dramatically reduced the amount. I can easily see kittens moving, her nipples are much larger, have lost hair around them and two have the occasional tiny bead of moisture. She doesn't seem a great deal bigger than when she came in but her shape has changed, she's lost her wedge shape and the weight is lower now (could be only a small litter? She's bigger on one side than the other which would indicate an odd number, my experience is with queens having 6 or more!). All my experience tells me she is at least 7/8 weeks rather than the 6 I was told. I was told she is 2 and that this is her second litter, her last being last summer. I was told she had 3 kittens last time.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS KarlaD85. Do you remember when you started seeing the kittens move? Usually they start moving 20 days before delivery. Would love to see a pic of your queen. Have you given her a name?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KarlaD85

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I've been able to clearly see them moving the last week. Before that, she was still settling in and I didn't get much chance to observe her up close, this week she has really warmed up and been with me non stop so I've had chance to get a good look, movements are big and noticeable. I've not given her a new name, she came with the name Aowen and it seems to suit her.
Pic attached.
IMG_20190427_232216.jpg

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
She looks like she’s getting close! You can usually start feeling movement 14-20 days before delivery, so that should give you a rough estimate. Try not to worry too much about the exact date; the kittens will come when they’re ready.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KarlaD85

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is in good health and seems to have been well cared for (apart from the lack of spaying) so I'm not expecting too many huge issues. Also my vet is a good friend and lives 2 mins away, just in case. She's one of the luckier ones I've had in, assuming they're telling the truth about her only having one litter previously, she will be spayed after this litter and so will her kittens before rehoming, some of the cases I saw when I fostered were heartbreaking.