Looking for ideas

Kim the Kitty Mom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Two years ago I adopted three kittens to take care of the rodents in my horse barn...long story short, they now live in the house with me. They were terribly neglected, had ringworm, worms, etc. when I got them. It was touch and go, but they survived and have been healthy since...up until about a month ago when I notice Buster was peeing blood. I took him to the vet (not my first rodeo with urinary infections in cats) and got antibiotics...things cleared up, but then someone started peeing outside the litterbox...it was Buster. Back to the vet. This time they did an ultrasound that showed his little bladder was full of silt. We put him on a special diet...he get canned cat food for urinary issues twice a day, and I mix 1/8 to 1/4 of extra water into the wet food to get more fluid into him. But, he is still having problems...and this is a month into his specialized diet. What else can I do?? My vet says it takes time, but I feel like I am always one step from catastrophe with him...especially since he is a mail, I know things can go catastrophic very quickly. If anyone can point me toward researched solutions or other ideas, I would love to consider them. Beyond peeing outside the litter box and occasionally still passing blood, he is active and eating good. Oh, he is also getting Meloxicam for pain management...

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It does take time for the silt to be broken down and flushed out of his bladder so stick with the food. Is he going to have another scan in a while to make sure its all gone?. Have a look at d-mannose and non alcohol cornsilk, they may help.