Looking For Help With Ways To Feed Ferals

taps0129

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have been feeding and caring (TNRing) a colony of cats in my neighborhood for over 6 years. Someone has called everyone they can to make me stop. I need ways to keep feeding them without attracting attention to me or them. They are used to being fed so they gather in my yard and wait.. I hope there are some ideas of what I can do as it will break my heart if I cant feed them.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you for trying to help the feral kitties and especially for doing TNR. By making sure they are spayed/neutered it is the kindest thing you can do for them.
Have you checked with your local town to see what if there are any written laws about caring for feral cats? Some communities will not have specifics about stray/feral cats. It is quite sad. Other communities have laws in place to protect feral cats as long as they are truly in a TNR program. You might try to inquire about this. If you have some sort of protection rights you should be able to contact the authorities as those that are trying to stop you could be fined. It just all depends on your community. Why do they want you to stop feeding them? Have you tried telling them that they are all spayed/neutered so the population will not grow? They also help to keep the rodent population down.

Also Alley Cat Allies might be of service.

Have you thought of building an enclosure in your yard for them?

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What time of day do you feed them? I'm just wondering if you did it either early in the morning or later in the evening if it would attract less attention? I'm working on this myself. I am just going to feed a little bit later each week, so the kitties will get used to when they should show up. Are you feeding in the back yard? Is there anything you could put up to block people's view? Is there another spot that would be less conspicuous? I struggle with complaining cat haters too.

trudy1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So there calling everyone? How did you find out? Sometimes these things are a person who doesn’t like what you’re doing but instead of confronting you openly they begin the he said, she said. If you just have one person who calls you and says “btw did you know,,” then I would confront that person and say “ let’s get in my car and drive over to her house and get this straightened out”. As you can guess I have a thing for gossip

So tell us a little more about what’s going on. There are a lot of people on the forum who I’m sure can offer solutions...