Looking For A Chantilly Kitten

tamimendo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have fallen in love with the Chantilly breed but am unable to find one. Does anyone know where I can find a Chantilly/Tiffany kitten?

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
You’ve fallen in love with a gorgeous cat breed. Unfortunately, though, Chantilly-Tiffany cats are an extremely rare breed. They’re not recognized by any major major breed registries, and some even claim that the last Chantillys were in 2015: Chantilly-Tiffany - Wikipedia

Maybe some other posters more recent updates of the breed.

In the meantime, maybe you’d like to look into the Nebelung? That’s the breed I can think of that’s most similar to the Chantilly in looks and personality.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tamimendo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My son and another friend both have Chantilly cats. That is how I grew to love this breed. Like a little person wrapped in fur. My son had his male fixed, sad to say. They got them from a farmer out where we live who thought it was just a barn cat. His mother cat had kittens. I don't think the farmer knows that he has Chantilly cats.

tamimendo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh, thank you for the tip on the Nebelung. I look into that breed.

tamimendo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Abyeb, do you know where I can find the Nebelung where I live in Washington state? Thanks again for the info.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Abyeb, do you know where I can find the Nebelung where I live in Washington state? Thanks again for the info.
The best way to meet reputable breeders is to go to a cat show. Here’s a show schedule: TICA Show Calendar

That way you can see and interact with the cats yourself! Breeders are usually more than happy to answer any questions.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My son and another friend both have Chantilly cats. That is how I grew to love this breed. Like a little person wrapped in fur. My son had his male fixed, sad to say. They got them from a farmer out where we live who thought it was just a barn cat. His mother cat had kittens. I don't think the farmer knows that he has Chantilly cats.
If they were found randomly on a farm as barn cats I hate to break it to you, they are 100% not Chantillys. Those are extremely rare. These barn cats may resemble Chantilly both in looks and/or personality but they definitely are not. That is like finding a solid gray cat and calling it a Russian Blue, a solid black cat and calling it a Bombay, or even a color pointed cat and assuming it is a Siamese. There are cat DNA tests you can do if you really are curious.

Monk'sMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I second what jen^ said. To be a breed is more than a look.
See our adopted feral, who may think himself a "Tiffany"... ;)

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also you said the cats mother mated with a random barn cat? How can that possilby be a purebred cat then? Just think about that statement. Doesn't make any sense. You just have a really good looking/ well behaved mixed breed cat.

Also Monk'sMom Monk'sMom that cat is GORGEOUS!

tamimendo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for the cat education. Monksmom that is a beautiful cat and looks like my son's cat, JiJi, except he has a bushier tail. But the look in his eyes is the same as well as the coat. He loves to do rolls in front of you and have his super soft belly rubbed. He just fits the Chantilly personality to a tee. I really don't care if the cat is purebred, just want a cat with similar looks and personality as the cat my son has, which I am learning is a crossbred. That is OK.

2rescuekitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
On that page it says the "Amorino Cattery" was the place in the USA that bred them but I am not quite sure if they are still around or not.

WheresmyChantilly

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have fallen in love with the Chantilly breed but am unable to find one. Does anyone know where I can find a Chantilly/Tiffany kitten?
Hi Tami! I know this post was a long time ago but did you ever find your Chantilly? I had a Chantilly Tiffany for 20 years and she was like a mother to me. I know that sounds odd, but if you have had one of these creatures you probably get it. Plus I was only 16 when I got her and had just moved into my first apartment...She hid in the couch because she didnt want to be left behind!

I know I'll never find another kitty quite like her, and I have a great dog and two other sweet cats that I love dearly, but I would love to have that sidekick again. These cats are so special. I felt watched over in a tender, unasking way. She reminded me I wasn't alone in this world and deserving of love, and loved unconditionally. I have bi-polar disorder so that is a feeling that can be hard to come by... but she was always there, whether that was in bed for a few days straight or staying up all night to build a table. She was there, unwavering, non-judgmental, always on my side and asking nothing in return.

Anyway. I'm in Washington state, too. Would love to know if you found a breeder or anything. My animals have always found me, I've never considered finding a breeder, but I would consider becoming a breeder to keep these special animals around!!

Attachments