Looking for a better quality food with similar texture to FF gravy foods

waddle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My little old lady had a personality transplant and now wants to eat wet food. But only the right wet food of course.

TLDR: what higher quality foods have similar texture to Fancy Feast in gravy?

Long version:

In the past she wouldn’t even look at canned food. She’d been eating dry and rehydrated freeze dried raw for the past couple years. She has lost some weight and one day just decided she didn’t want to eat either of those anymore.

I have tried a bunch of canned foods. She still won’t touch pate unless she is really, really hungry. The only thing she will consistently scarf down is the FF petites with gravy. She did also like the Sheba perfect portions with gravy and a canned FF in gravy.

She is eating a little dry and freeze dried again but definitely prefers the FF.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Try Weruva, Soulistic, and Tiki Cat.

Nature's Variety has minced food in gravy, in pouches and cups/

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
My little old lady had a personality transplant and now wants to eat wet food. But only the right wet food of course.

TLDR: what higher quality foods have similar texture to Fancy Feast in gravy?

Long version:

In the past she wouldn’t even look at canned food. She’d been eating dry and rehydrated freeze dried raw for the past couple years. She has lost some weight and one day just decided she didn’t want to eat either of those anymore.

I have tried a bunch of canned foods. She still won’t touch pate unless she is really, really hungry. The only thing she will consistently scarf down is the FF petites with gravy. She did also like the Sheba perfect portions with gravy and a canned FF in gravy.

She is eating a little dry and freeze dried again but definitely prefers the FF.
Also nutro perfect portions and simply nourish and
Purina Beyond Wild High Protein Turkey, Liver & Quail Recipe Paté Cat Food Review

Last edited:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please do let us know what she agrees to eat!! My cats have been rebelling and changed their minds too. I am adding water to the pate foods and that helped a little.lol They want the juice! I have tried a lot of different foods here and they don’t like any of them so far. If your lady finds something yummy, we’ll try it too!

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I know eventually my cat will not like the steak frites so I bought other proteins besides poultry

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

waddle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So I guess we are just going to stick with fancy feast. I‘ve tried about twenty different foods. The only thing she was the slightest bit enthusiastic about was the tiki cat velvet mousse, so I might try more of those.

The rest she either wouldn’t eat without mixing it with FF, or she’d lick up the gravy and leave the meat, and then I’d mix the meat with FF.

TardisDance

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
As far as Fancy Feast goes, have you tried the savory centers? It’s very smooth pate that has gravy in it. The unfortunate part is that it’s only sold now in variety packs and not separate. I believe it has no carbs or very little anyway, so it’s a step up from gravy lovers.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

waddle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
As far as Fancy Feast goes, have you tried the savory centers? It’s very smooth pate that has gravy in it. The unfortunate part is that it’s only sold now in variety packs and not separate. I believe it has no carbs or very little anyway, so it’s a step up from gravy lovers.
i haven’t. I‘m guessing she’d lick up the gravy and leave the rest but maybe if I mash it all together she’d eat it.

i looked up the velvet mouse and that has xanthum gum in which sounds not great either.

TardisDance

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It’s supposed to have a middle filled with gravy, but it usually it pretty mixed up from shipping. I usually mix it anyway to put perio powder in it (my female cat is a rescue from hoarding situation and has nasty dental disease, so the vet recommended it).

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Indy likes pretty much everything but especially likes the stews and bisque from performatrin ultra. I think you can only get it from pet valu though in Canada.

She was on gravy lovers when I got her but didn't seem that fond of it. She has expensive taste it turns out. Performatrin ultra fortunately is good enough to satisfy her provided she doesn't get the same thing more than two days a week.